Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One way flights!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Regarding your inital question about using 1 way, I'm not sure it would even work unless youu booked it from Orlando to London and then return from there. If you booked as a return from London as soon as you didnt show for the flight out (when youu would be oing out by boat) they would cancel the 2nd part as they would assume you havent gone.
    Babblin Boo

Which ship are you crossing with? We have done the Transatlantic crossing (travelling East) with Cunard twice before. Both times we were able to include a single flight out to America for far less than we could find it. We were also able to fly as early as we wanted so flew into New York then used a return from New York to Tampa to tie in with our crossing home.
    Maureen Green

Florida Savvy
    I have looked at Icelandair for one way but my husband is being picky and wanting a direct flight!

We arrive on the cruise at the end of October but not looking for a flight till February so cruise company are not interested.

Current BA flight one way is $1340 but return is about $900

Guess he needs to decide what it's worth paying for :-)
    Last edited by No Shoes; 04-09-2014 at 10:58.

Florida Savvy
    Sorry - forgot to say we are travelling on Oasis of the Seas from Southampton via Spain :-)

Did you enjoy the transatlantic crossing?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Do you have any Avios left?

A 1 way Tampa-Gatwick direct on BA is 25k Avios plus £154. You can buy the full 25k Avios for £415 or whatever you need to get to that total. Not a great deal under ordinary circumstances but in this case perhaps worth considering. If you want to be more creative, sign up for the BA Amex card and spend £3,000 in 3 months and BA will credit 25k Avios to your account for free.

Usually easy to find just 1 reward seat at that time of year if you can be a bit flexible.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 02-09-2014 at 19:19.

Florida Chatterbox
    Hipmunk have a one way fare direct on BA for $546, Tampa to London in February.

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Do you have any Avios left?

A 1 way Tampa-Gatwick direct on BA is 25k Avios plus £154. You can buy the full 25k Avios for £415 or whatever you need to get to that total. Not a great deal under ordinary circumstances but in this case perhaps worth considering. If you want to be more creative, sign up for the BA Amex card and spend £3,000 in 3 months and BA will credit 25k Avios to your account for free.

Usually easy to find just 1 reward seat at that time of year if you can be a bit flexible.
    Thank you for this - just what I needed. I hadn't realised how flexible you could be on payment options with Avios :-)

Much appreciate the heads up!

Florida Savvy
    Just want to say thanks again - I have booked a flight from Tampa for £250 plus 12500 Avios miles.

Airport tax is charged as a departure tax from the UK and an arrival tax in the USA, so if you do buy a return from the UK and don't use the return sector, it's likely that the admin fee will be greater than any tax or fees which are owed.
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by No Shoes View Post
    Just want to say thanks again - I have booked a flight from Tampa for £250 plus 12500 Avios miles.
    Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by ShirleyD View Post
    Airport tax is charged as a departure tax from the UK and an arrival tax in the USA, so if you do buy a return from the UK and don't use the return sector, it's likely that the admin fee will be greater than any tax or fees which are owed.
    I think anybody not using a return would be wise to say nothing and certainly steer clear of making a claim for the unused segment unless they had a very good reason for not taking the return. If the airline think it has been done deliberately to save money they are likely to claim the fare difference from the passenger.