Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car hire quote

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    That's absolutely as expected and nothing to worry about. We get quotes and availability in real time from the car hire suppliers system (Alamo, Dollar, National, Thrifty etc etc) and thus can result in up to 4 different systems being called and if any one of the 4 is slow to respond, it holds up the display of quotes on our website. Usually they are all pretty zippy and quotes get displayed to you really quickly, but occasionally they take a bit longer.

I'm in Florida myself at the moment so can't easily check, but it's either 2 or 3 minutes before our system gives up waiting and displays an appropriate error message so as not to keep the user waiting for ever. It certainly would never leave you waiting 10 minutes or more as is suggested above as that would be ridiculous.

Having said that, what is totally out of our control is the end user's computer and what security software etc etc they use. All it takes is a bad security configuration, problem operating system etc etc and perfectly good website will appear to break and become unresponsive to the user. The site will still be working absolutely fine, but the users computer will be preventing it from displaying yo the user as it s intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    I had a slow moment on the USCarHire website yesterday, too.

I'm on a Mac using Safari.

I put in my quote parameters and it took forever to come back with a quote. Got there in the end, but it must have taken two or three minutes before it finally displayed the prices. I made a change and it took just as long again.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Like Sarah, it was no great ordeal for me, I just wanted to lend another voice in case it helps troubleshoot any issues.
    Tony G