Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: celebration hotel

As Sandra said, you aren't allowed to park against the traffic, I think it's illegal throughout the US but don't quote me on that one. Still if you continue to street park and park legally then it will have cost you $ 50, whereas 7 nights at $15 is $85 so you are still saving! Every cloud has a silver lining[]
    Last edited by E. Cosgrove; 20-08-2014 at 13:52.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    Sorry Sandra, too much wine on the wine train can't work out how the forum works anymore![party2][stupid1]

Thought that may have been the case after reading your report!! Have fun and stay safe.[high5]

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    As Sandra said, you aren't allowed to park against the traffic, I think it's illegal throughout the US but don't quote me on that one. Still if you continue to street park and park legally then it will have cost you $ 50, whereas 7 nights at $15 is $85 so you are still saving! Every cloud has a silver lining[]
    You could be right and I can see the sense in it but the alamo rep at return didnt know about it. We only stayed 3 nights but it was $21 Dollars a night and 15 for a day park so it would have been 63 plus tips so still worked out cheaper(think I would use valet next time for the all round experience). All in all its a fabulous hotel and town to chill out at for a few days
    Last edited by vickk; 20-08-2014 at 15:35.

Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    You could be right and I can see the sense in it but the alamo rep at return didnt know about it. We only stayed 3 nights but it was $21 Dollars a night and 15 for a day park so it would have been 63 plus tips so still worked out cheaper(think I would use valet next time for the all round experience). All in all its a fabulous hotel and town to chill out at for a few days
    Can't believe the Alamo rep does not know the law. Good grief, no wonder there are so many accidents with people not knowing the laws. The first time I went to Florida I picked up our equivalent of the Highway Code so I knew what I should be doing as there are so many things that we just don't have in the UK. Does make you wonder really

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sorry to hear about your fine. $50 is one of those amounts that doesn't break the bank but is enough to seriously annoy you especially when you've parked in all innocence.

What's the thinking behind this rule? I don't know if it still exists but it used to be against the law in the UK to park on the 'wrong side of the road' but only at night so that the rear refelectors would show to traffic coming up in darkness. Is that the same over there?

Well I never knew that parking the wrong way was an offence. We have done it lots of times in Celebration as our bank is there and visit often - will now remember not to do it again (hopefully)!!!!

Pleased you enjoyed your stay though. We often visit on a Sunday morning as the have a Farmers Market with lots of interesting stalls.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Sorry to hear about your fine. $50 is one of those amounts that doesn't break the bank but is enough to seriously annoy you especially when you've parked in all innocence.

What's the thinking behind this rule? I don't know if it still exists but it used to be against the law in the UK to park on the 'wrong side of the road' but only at night so that the rear refelectors would show to traffic coming up in darkness. Is that the same over there?
    I wasn't so much annoyed with the fine as I was with myself because when I parked the car I thought about the UK rule you mentioned and briefly considered turning it around but as there were 3 of us pointing the same way and so little traffic I left it. When I got back in the morning and found the ticket one of the cars had gone but the other was still there facing the wrong way with no ticket on. The valet guy at the hotel said just lately they were making far more checks and issuing far more tickets that they used to.

Our son's rather-in-law got a fine for parking the wrong way in Winter Park

By the way Sandra we are over same time as you, 23 October until 11December, maybe we could have a get together at Celebration with any others who are around?

Andrena

Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    Our son's rather-in-law got a fine for parking the wrong way in Winter Park

By the way Sandra we are over same time as you, 23 October until 11December, maybe we could have a get together at Celebration with any others who are around?

Andrena
    That would be nice Andrena. We are off cruising from 19th October until 3rd November but happy to meet up. I am not going to arrange anything as last time I did it last year, only Lyn and her hubby turned up and we waited half and hour before we ordered!!! Happy to fit in with whatever you have in mind though.[chatter][chatter]

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    That would be nice Andrena. We are off cruising from 19th October until 3rd November but happy to meet up. I am not going to arrange anything as last time I did it last year, only Lyn and her hubby turned up and we waited half and hour before we ordered!!! Happy to fit in with whatever you have in mind though.[chatter][chatter]
    I'm up for a meal in Celebration, really enjoyed it last year.
    Lyn