Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Are BA and Virgin in same terminal at MCO?

Florida Chatterbox

Are BA and Virgin in same terminal at MCO?

just checking whether we can use same terminal as our party are on separate flights out of MCO tonight - BA and Virgin - I thought years ago they were in separate terminals. thanks

Terminal A = Virgin, Terminal B = BA. Airport map gives all the info you need. Google is your friend.

Florida Chatterbox
    Though they both departed from the same gate area.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    Though they both departed from the same gate area.
    They do, the departure gates are directly opposite each other... once you've passed through the checking-in phase.

That's what I thought too. I am sure I have seen BA at the next door gate while waiting for a Virgin Atlantic flight.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Yes, gates next to each other but different check in terminals. Here's the link to airport map.

http://www.orlandoairports.net/ops/i...nding_maps.pdf

Florida Chatterbox

Virgin

Thanks all - I did use google to look but it came up with two differing plans of airport. As it is the terminals are close enough to walk from BA desk through to Virgin easily enough and yes the gates were in same section. Made for very crowded area - loads of spare seats at neighbouring gate a few steps away but families had sat on the floor with kids, hand luggage and so on right near the Virgin desk for VS16 Thurs night so loading the passengers with special needs and so on took far longer. It's not like the seats are first come first served - defies belief.

On a separate note we thought Virgin had gone downhill this trip. Not only was half the upper deck economy so less choice of seats for PE guests & they constantly trooped through cabin to use the loos at the front. The food was grey slop, the two crew looked quite scruffy and we were told we couldn't have tea in the cup on our tray it had to be brought round in paper cups now - as it was easier for them as they were serving economy behind us - so they took our dinner trays away then we had to wait for our paper cup. I held on to my small plastic cup (in protest!) I said if I'd wanted a paper cup I would have gone economy! on the trip out the food was just as bad - the crackers were like cardboard and cream cheese not cheddar which had no flavour. Really poor. Looks like the merger with Delta is having negative effect already.

Florida Expert
    Oh dear. We are going BA in July but then Virgin in November. I kept insisting BA was not going to be worth the extra £100 per person it would've cost us but now I'm not so sure. Both times going out economy and coming home premium. I like my extra space for sleeping and not being disturbed being climbed over as much.

We flew into MCO with Virgin a few days ago and we both thought the food we had was the best we had been offered on any flight for a long time!
    I always think the outbound offerings are better when flying from UK having said that we flew US airways in April and the food and service were both appalling
    In August we fly with BA and Nov it will be Virgin again. It's a means to an end, we always fly with whoever offers the best deal as they never seem consistent in their service or food.

Liz

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Don't bother with brand loyalty now with airlines. There all a means to an end.

Whoever gets us there the cheapest, (sheduled not charter) I book with.

Couldn't give a fig about the food, we take our own.

The last dozen or more trips I've used US Airways via Philly & saved between £1500 & £2500 per trip, over Virgin. (& they have been fantastic everytime)

I "used" to be Virgin loyal, but they weren't loyal to me;-(;-(
    mike