Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Dad’s Taxi’s Passengers Take A Dip – Part 7

Dad’s Taxi’s Passengers Take A Dip – Part 7

Pool Time

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pool-day.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	930

When we arrived back at the villa last night I had a quick look at the pool heater and was relieved to find the control panel glowing and the heater roaring away. This morning we found the pool lovely and warm, at last, and great timing as today we’ve scheduled as a recovery day. The majority of the day is spent sprawled by the pool by most, except Mrs Dad’s Taxi and I do a trip to Publix to stock up on the makings of a luncheon feast. Since our last visit I think the deli counter in Publix is new. It is called The Boar’s Head for some reason. This feels like a misinterpretation of a common British establishment name to me. Whatever their reason for naming the deli counter after an English pub, the cooked meat was delicious. Along with the ham, doritos, dips, cheeses and fruits, all sorts of stuff adorned our table and lunch was decreed a great success.

Miley-Rose stays mainly in the shade with her Papa (Me).

Name:	miley-rose-chair.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	931

The vote was taken when Miley-Rose was born as to what I should be called. In my absence it was decided that Papa is apt, mainly due to my obsession with Papa John’s pizza. The initial vote was for Miley-Rose to call me Papa Dave, but I decided just Papa will suffice.

I also spend an inordinate amount of time today sorting out photos and scribing away at my trip reports, always intending to pick up the kindle and get on with my latest book, A Death in China by Carl Hiaasen, and so I was somewhat disappointed when I was told that it was time to switch off the laptop and start preparing for an outing to Downtown Disney. After showers and stuff we all pile into the bus and off we go. The main objective is dinner at the Rainforest Cafe, but first we need to hunt for this elusive Frozen Princess dress. The lady in the World of Disney store makes me laugh, she tells us that nearly every day some dresses are delivered and by 10.00am they’re all sold out. She said “I start work at 4pm, and I’ve never even seen one of these dresses”. Hmm, maybe the birthday fairies will need to arrange a different present for next week’s birthday girl. Whilst we’re browsing we come across the amazing Magic Mirror. This is so clever, the child (or, indeed, adult) stands in front of the Magic Mirror and holds one hand out to the side, and the mirror shows them dressed in a Disney Princess dress holding a wand. Only taken on my phone but these give the idea:

Name:	mirror-mermaid.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	932

Name:	mirror-beauty.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	933

I think it’s great.

We distract Kayleigh long enough to buy a Rapunzel dress and assorted accessories, and hope she won’t be too disappointed on her birthday (which isn’t actually her birthday but that will be explained in a later instalment) by it not being a Frozen dress.

We have previously had a great meal at Rainforest Cafe, the one at Animal Kingdom, so I have to report that tonight’s dinner was somewhat sub-standard. Mrs Dad’s Taxi’s entire meal arrived cold, and some of our fries were cold too. Replacements were brought out but I feel it spoils the meal when one person starts their food just as everyone else is finishing. Our verdict on tonight’s meal was Overpriced and Unimpressive.

As we leave the restaurant, the “volcano” in which it is situated starts to erupt. Very impressive, but who ya gonna call?

Name:	Me+Volcano.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	934

OK, that has no relevance to Disney whatsoever, but I had to refer to the t-shirt somehow
    [msnsmile]

More shops are perused, then we head back to the villa for a relatively early night. I’ve not been over impressed with Downtown Disney tonight, the whole place looks like a building site with cranes and hoardings everywhere. It appears they are building a “Food Truck Park” where fast food will be served out of vans. I can assure you that this is not an original idea, having spent MANY nights on the High Street in Slough !
    Dave.

Great report, was in need of another instalment, enjoyed seeing the pictures as well.
    Jan

You are making me very excited reading your reports as it brings the 11 nights I have to endure before travelling to our villa a bit easier. Thank you. You sound as though you are having a great time.

We went to Rainforest Cafe as our granddaughter was desperate to go, waited almost 2hrs 30 mins for a very mediocre overpriced meal in fierce air con which meant we we were absolutely freezing! Not an experience to be repeated

Liz

T-Rex restaurant for us, the food is so much better
    Jan

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleydo View Post
    T-Rex restaurant for us, the food is so much better
    Even if you don't eat a meal there, go to the bar and grab one of their smoothies. Oh so good!
    Mike