Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disney Fastpass

Gold 5 Star Member
    They will exchange the tickets, as we did my brothers the day after we arrived and signed for my Disney experience. You cant link old tickets to it as they dont have the rfid chip in them. It works well and we have bookd for next Tuesday to actually go on Toy Story midway mania as the last times we have been there the queue has been a coupld of hours long and we didnt want to wait.
    It also means you can plan your day better, say you want to go home for a swim in the afternoon you can book a couple in the morning and 1 in the afternoon (or all in the afternoon/evening) where previously if you want to guarnatee getting on certain rides we have always styed 14/15 hours in the park which is too much really for hubbys back and knees. We know now we can go later and still do the rides we want.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    Out in Orlando just now and the fast pass is working great for us. We booked ours before we left home for mid morning, went in early as usual !!!!! Done a few rides before it got too busy and then used our passes a second ride. Very busy here, most of the big rides by 10am are 60+ min wait !! Fast pass still available when you walk in , they must keep a % for walk ins.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    Out in Orlando just now and the fast pass is working great for us. We booked ours before we left home for mid morning, went in early as usual !!!!! Done a few rides before it got too busy and then used our passes a second ride. Very busy here, most of the big rides by 10am are 60+ min wait !! Fast pass still available when you walk in , they must keep a % for walk ins.
    I'm guessing this must answer the question I asked on your other psot? If you could've you would've. They still have machines in the park for those who can't book in advance. I must say I prefer it to Universal so called fastpass which is just another money making scheme and hope tis doesnt become a paid for addon in the future.
    We had fastpass+ for toy story midway mania and rode it and then was able to get another for about an hour later but by 3 when hubby joined us they were all gone.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    After not getting to meet Elsa or on the Dwarf Mine train went to book fast pass for anytime in the day, by 9:20am they were all gone !!!

If you have old style tickets can you upgrade them so that you can use fast pass?

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    After not getting to meet Elsa or on the Dwarf Mine train went to book fast pass for anytime in the day, by 9:20am they were all gone !!!
    I'm assuming you mean in the park rather than Fastpass+ which you can book up to 39 days in advance online or phone app?
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    If you have old style tickets can you upgrade them so that you can use fast pass?
    Yes you go to Guest services at any location and they will replace them with RFID ones you can link to my disney experience on the website and book your fastpass+
    I would say do them as soon as youu can after arrival and then if you arent planning to go to Disney for a couple of days you can book some of your fastpass+ a few days ahead at least.
    Babblin Boo

Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    Yes you go to Guest services at any location and they will replace them with RFID ones you can link to my disney experience on the website and book your fastpass+
    I would say do them as soon as youu can after arrival and then if you arent planning to go to Disney for a couple of days you can book some of your fastpass+ a few days ahead at least.
    Ours were replaced at the turn styles when we used them last month. We were taken aside, as we went through, by a lady with a tablet and a pocket full of tickets.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    Ours were replaced at the turn styles when we used them last month. We were taken aside, as we went through, by a lady with a tablet and a pocket full of tickets.

Sue
    You can do it there but I would suggest a trip beforehand to Guest services (maybe Downtown Disney or any of the hotels. )Unless you are going to the park the day after arrival, that way you get time to book some Fastpass+ which may be more limited if you wait till you arrive. Since youu can do them up to 30 days out it gives you more choice to see your "must do attractions.
    Babblin Boo

I'd use Downtown Disney - they're really helpful and, when I was last there, had a number of these types of query.
    Tony G