Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: When do virgin have flight sales on ? ? or best time to book ?

Florida Newbie

When do virgin have flight sales on ? ? or best time to book ?

When do virgin have there flight sales on we are looking to book flight for October 2014 so we can book a villa

Virgin (and BA ) often have a sale just after Christmas but special deals can pop up at any time.

However it also depends on when you want to travel in October. Although there are sales, popular dates like half term or routes like Orlando, are never reduced by much. If you really want to take the direct route to Orlando then be prepared to let them empty your wallet.

Now if you use the link at the top of the page for flights and ask for some indirect options you can save a lot of money. Again the amount will depend on the time of year but even peak season is cheaper.

I had people use this option when travelling to my home and often a family of 4/5 would save the entire cost of renting the villa. That's how much an extra 2/3 hours of travel time to Florida will save you. Your travel is gone anyway so why not save some money?

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Gold 5 Star Member
    There will probably be sales around Christmas and New Year but I doubt they would cover October 2014. Keep looking in the usual airline and agent sites and don't restrict youself to just 1 site or route (no individual site will be the cheapest all the time) and then jump in when you see a fare you're happy with.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 30-10-2013 at 15:41.

Depending on where you are flying from "Norwegian" have just started flying to the USA.
    The drawback is they only fly from Gatwick to Ft Lauderdale Mondays and Fridays and don't arrive until 10pm but fly direct and are extremely competative.

It's about a 2 hour drive from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando but a lot of people book a cheap hotel by the airport and drive up the next day.

Their prices are not up yet for Oct 14 until next month.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by syrup View Post
    ......It's about a 2 hour drive from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando ......

Only if Alamo are still doing the Batmobile option.

It's a bit over 200 miles up the turnpike plus the distance to your Villa/Hotel.

There are normally speed traps on the turnpike so three and a half hours would be a safer time frame.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Only if Alamo are still doing the Batmobile option. It's a bit over 200 miles up the turnpike plus the distance to your Villa/Hotel. There are normally speed traps on the turnpike so three and a half hours would be a safer time frame. Dave
    Of course your are correct Dave. I recently sorted it out for my son who goes next August and got a distance of just over 200 miles to his villa at Sunset Lakes and estimated it would take him 3 hours so I will tell him to tag on another half hour.
    He is staying in Ft Lauderdale overnight which I think considering the distance is a wise thing after such a long flight.
    Keith

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by syrup View Post
    Depending on where you are flying from "Norwegian" have just started flying to the USA.
    The drawback is they only fly from Gatwick to Ft Lauderdale Mondays and Fridays and don't arrive until 10pm but fly direct and are extremely competative.

It's about a 2 hour drive from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando but a lot of people book a cheap hotel by the airport and drive up the next day.

Their prices are not up yet for Oct 14 until next month.
    It will be very interesting to see if Norwegian hold those prices into October 2014 and beyond when they release their fares. If so, they are without doubt the best around but I think you'll have to be ready to book literally as they are released to get the best rates.

Good idea to do a stop over Syrup, you also get to see what Ft Lauderdale is like. We did exactly that a few years ago and appreciated the sleep before the 200 mile drive, and actually enjoyed it too

Quote Originally Posted by Funshine View Post
    you also get to see what Ft Lauderdale is like.
    Now we can get direct flights to Ft Lauderdale it is somewhere we would like to stay in the not to distant future.
    Keith

Florida Newbie
    Thanks all food for thought