Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: alamo insiders

Florida Chatterbox

alamo insiders

Just seen it mentioned on another thread that if you register with alamo insiders you can input all the details of your up coming trip similar to "save time" and print off the given ref. When at airport you can go straight to the garage and pick your car without using the save time machines or going to the desk. Can anyone confirm this?

Definitely correct. We did it last trip.
    i think we found it from the US car hire website if I remember correctly.

Liz

Florida Chatterbox
    Just registered as an Alamo insider, all seemed to go OK. Then tried to do the online check in, which I assume is the option I was looking for, I put in the details asked for and got the message back "You cannot view or modify this reservation online. To modify please call 1 (877)-222-9075.".

Don't know if it's because I have already registered for save time that's the problem or something else ??

Thing is the save time is ok if it works but if it's true you now have to re-enter driver details at the machine and it still might send you to the desk, then with 4 drivers to register I don't think it will save much time. I have used it once 2 years ago and all the driver details were already in and the whole process took a few minutes.

Florida Junior
    Hi Vickk, it was I who mentioned this on my trip report. I joined the Alamo insider club some years ago although never booked anything through them as it is too expensive. Looking on the US Car Hire page I saw that they mentioned that you did not need to queue and could go straight to the machine in the car hire lobby. I completed the on line forms and printed out the pages and unique number required. It gives quite good directions down to the car hire lobby and directions on how to use the machine. I followed the instructions as shown and found that I was inputting all the information again and then after a few minutes of doing this the machine suddenly said 'Please go to desk cannot proceed on your details' or something like that. I queued up once again with everyone else and having reached the rep. was told that as I had already submitted my details to Alamo (drivers licence numbers, debit card details and any other options I wanted ie empty tank) I could have just walked out to the multi storey pick up point and taken a car of my classification. He then went on to print out the normal forms they have and I initialled and signed in all the right places and continued as normal asking if I wanted an upgrade etc. etc.
    Well last week I decided that I would check the system out and went directly to the muti-storey car park and although we did digress slightly, due to my preference of car, we drove out to the exit and the chap in the kiosk checked out my printout,t the two driving licences and debit card. I didn't sign anything. Off we went. Give it a go. From the posts it seems that it worked for others. Terry
    Last edited by jantel; 17-06-2013 at 12:29.

Administrator
    You don't necessarily need to register for Alamo Insiders, provided you have registered for 'Save Time'. Going straight to the parking lot is usually OK, but is 'unofficial' as Alamo are not keen on customers doing this because it slows down the exit area of the parking lot. Therefore we cannot officially advise people to do this in case for any reason you are sent back to the Alamo desk, we would then get complaints that we gave false information.

Florida Expert
    I have registered with Alamo Save Time and on 2 occasions I have completed all the information online gone to the kiosk on arrival,re-entered all informarion again,then right at the end been told to go to the desk. It has certainly not saved us any time and I would not chance using it again.
    Tracey

We printed everything off before we went. We took it to the desk but he said because we had already entered all the information we should proceed straight outside........didn't bother with the machine at all.

Liz