Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: A Couple Of Alamo MCO Questions

Florida Junior

A Couple Of Alamo MCO Questions

Hi

Could anyone tell me what 'Standard' SUV's Alamo are currently offering at Orlando Int Airport?

Also I have heard that if you register with 'Save Time' to use at the kiosks and have a copy of your hire agreement (which apparently is an attachment when you book??) you can make your way straight to the Alamo garage area, choose your car and just show your details at the kiosk on the way from the garage and off you go, is this correct or is it best, even if I have registered for 'Save Time' to go to a desk first or use a kiosk?

Any help much appreciated

Florida Savvy
    Hi, with the save-time option, you can just use the kiosk, enter your booking details (reference number, license number etc.) and it will print a document for you to take to the garage. Much quicker than joining the line at the desk. At the garage, you will be shown a line of cars for your category, just choose the one you like, the keys are in. When you exit the garage, show the document and license to the operator, then off you go.
    Scorpio

Florida Junior
    Thanks but was wondering as I've just looked at the walk through of the Alamo Save Time kiosk that I have already registered for and it says to input additional drivers etc? Shouldnt all this information be retrieved once I have input my reference number etc at the beginning? I have a barcode print off from my booking do I use this anywhere?

Picked up "standard" SUV from MCO May 23rd. Selection of Rav4s & Jeeps to choose from.
    Our Save Time barcode didn't work (as usual) but Q at service counter short....
    Could be due to our old style paper UK licences - nowt to scan ???

Florida Junior
    I've been looking at the user guide for the Save Time kiosks at MCO and wondered if you still have to enter the additional drivers information AGAIN and select your vehicle type AGAIN as surely this information is what I have already input to register with save time. Surely by just inputting my registration number all these details will be already input and recognised?? and I basically go through the menus until I complete it and print out my agreement documents then proceed straight to the garage.
    Could someone please clarify this for me. I have booked with US Car Hire and wanted to avoid any queues and get to the garage asap.

Thanks

Florida Expert
    Certainly at Alamo Tampa you have to re-enter all the information you have already given Alamo through the Save Time system. A pity Alamo kiosks are not a better system.
    Clare R

Florida Newbie
    The Kiosks are very much hit and miss.
    I have tried to use the kiosk "save time" system for the past 2 years with no success.
    As previously stated in other posts, you have to re-enter all the information at the Kiosk.
    On the 1st June. I got as far as entering the second additional driver before it stopped working and told me to see an Alamo representative.
    So after wasting time at the kiosk. I then had to join the back of the queue and listen to other people with who also had a "save time sheet of paper with a barcode".
    If you try the kiosk, get someone to wait in the queue. Just in case the Kiosk does not work.

Florida Newbie
    This is a useful thread, as I have just booked for next year, and having experienced an hours queue in December I really do not want to repeat that experience. Sounds to me that the "fast service" does not always work as well as it should. I think next time I will sent my wife ahead, whilst I wait for luggage etc. Might save 20 minutes.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    There is a thread that mentions registering for Alamo Insider this is supposed to allow you to go straight to the garage and select your car. I have registered but not used the service yet (roll on October) so don't know how good it is.
    Lyn