Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: International Driving Permit

Florida Expert gail and david roberts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Thanks syrup .....its broke my heart and i don't think i could face another dog ....not just now anyway .maybe later on ...when i come back from florida in july .
    so sorry to hear you have lost your dog , I know how you feel , we lost our westie 2 years ago, after 14 years and are now thinking of getting another after are trip to Florida This year , my son has just got a pug puppy which has really made me miss a dog in our house ,

As for the permit , im still going to get one this weekend , if I can
    Gail

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi
    I hate to put a spanner in the works, however it is food for thought!! On our local radio station last week , holidaymakers were highlighting that car hire companies were insisting on these permits, but did provide them at double the price you pay at home.
    We are off to Florida next week and are taking no chances!!!
    We have a permit!!!!!
    Debbie

thanks gail....yes indeed , our wee pals are not with us for long .I miss him most when we come into an empty house or when i used to sit on my computer and he was always at my feet.
    Yes ...we will be getting permits athough a friend of mine in miami said the cops were not enforcing that law ....best not to take chances for the sake of a tenner .

Nova Scotia, Canada & Windsor Palms Resort Kissimmee
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. Funny how they become such an important part of the family. We had to have our 13 year old english setter "Jake" put to sleep in October. I still expect to see him at the door to greet us when we come home.

So sorry to hear about your dog Sunkist ....yes indeed , they do become part of the famiy and we work our lives around our dogs .I miss him so much, especially coming into an empty house ....i lifted doggy treats when we were out shopping last week ....that hit me very hard indeed .

Florida Expert
    We looked on the Post Office website and it said Uxbridge was our nearest branch that issued the form. Stood in line for 45 minutes only to be told "We don't do them here".

Does anyone who lives near Hillingdon, Middlesex, UB7, know where we can get the permits from please?

Thanks for any help,
    KJH

We ordered ours on-line from the RAC (admittedly £2.50 extra per permit), they came within 3 days !!
    Is it worth the travel / petrol / parking ???

Slough is not far from Hillingdon and the post office is now in the W H Smiths. You can see the full list from the AA.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...st-office.html
    Fiona

Gold 5 Star Member
    From what I've seen the RAC seems to be the faster option b post. We ordered hubbys last week from the AA and it hasn't arrived yet.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    AA do state I believe about a 10 day turnaround.
    Clare R