Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Items stolen from checked baggage.

On both occasions, the sat nav was put into the case as soon as we handed back the rental car. So the case was just opened enough to slip it in the top and then zipped back up again, so it would have been easily and quickly accessible to anyone who happened to spot it on an X Ray.

Anyway, you live and learn.
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    On both occasions, the sat nav was put into the case as soon as we handed back the rental car. So the case was just opened enough to slip it in the top and then zipped back up again, so it would have been easily and quickly accessible to anyone who happened to spot it on an X Ray.

Anyway, you live and learn.
    I think my theory is looking a bit unlikely now I know that.

Hopefully your insurers can soften the blow for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I think my theory is looking a bit unlikely now I know that.

Hopefully your insurers can soften the blow for you.
    I'm not going to claim. I only paid about £50 each for the devices (off eBay) and all my experience with insurance tells me that if I try to claim for that sort of amount it will either be under the excess, or the next time I try to get insurance, the loading for having had a claim will cost me more than the settlement figure. I got badly stung the last time I had a burst radiator (only claim on my house insurance for 25years). Even though I had paid for the no loss of no claims bonus option, the increase in premium for the next three years cost more than the claim itself!
    Tonish

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Green View Post
    We started using coloured cable ties a few years ago and since then have never had our cases opened. Maureen
    I spoke too soon. Just flew back from Chicago to Florida with a half empty suitcase so decided to put our smaller cabin bag inside and pack clothes inside it and around it. The suitcase and the small cabin bag had been opened and searched as a magazine I had left on top of the packing was inside the smaller bag. TSA did leave a notice inside.
    Maureen Green

We always seem to have our bags searched, but they always leave a note. Just returned with 2 bags and 2 golf clubs and both bags and one of the golf clubs bags were searched.