Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Best place for drinks in the evening/night life? - Old Town?

Florida Newbie

Best place for drinks in the evening/night life? - Old Town?

It's been quite a few years since we were in FL last, 2005 I think. We are visiting again in May next year now that the kids are getting old enough but I remember from last time Orlando is not like the UK where there's a pub on every street corner.

I remember Old Town was really cool and there were quite a few bars all bunched together that you could walk to, this is ideal as we cold taxi to Old Town and stay the evening. But a few reviews on TA are saying it has gone down hill? Is there anywhere else like that in the same area? Or is it a case of every few miles down the 192 or 27 you'll come across a bar?

We'll be renting a villa (more than likely from a member on here) and we really would prefer the community to be close to somewhere like Old Town so that we aren't all Stuck in the villa on the night time or some unlucky sod (namely me) ends up being the designated driver for the evening.

Try Bahama Breeze, not in Old Town but has a great selection of cocktails including non acoholic ones, some great food and music all night.
    Roger

Still fun in Old Town, we love visiting a few times when we are there,
    Jan

Florida Savvy
    Yes old town for drinks and cocktails then strap yourself up together on the 300ft sling shot.....

Florida Savvy
    The tavern in Celebration has a great selection of beers as does Millers Ale House in the new Rolling Oaks area where there are at least a dozen restaruants including a Bahama Breeze.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for the replys guys, slight misunderstanding though. I'm not after a bar or pub that you can recommend, more so a place/area where there's a few bars/pubs/restaurants bunched together such as Old Town?

When I book a villa I want it to be in a community near a place like Old Town so that I can just get a taxi to there and stay all night...

Citywalk at Universal or Downtown Disney would both fit the bill for having plenty of options to walk between.
    Caroline & Dave

100% of villas will be within a taxi ride to bars. i would not limit my options and just pick a villa/location you like. Try different places, dont limit yourself to one spot. My favorites are City Walk/ Downtown Disney and Celebration plus just about every bar in the premium hotels.