Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Silly question but......

Florida Savvy

Silly question but......

........need it answering in laymans terms!
    I have been to florida like 10 times...the last time i went i had all sorts of issues with the sunpass on hire car.

Now simple question,when i collect car with alamo at mco',when i see the first toll plaza after south access road on 417 south,
    do i slow down and stay right and go thru the sunpass lane at 25mph without stopping to trigger the sunpass on hire car?

Or do i just stay left and drive passing the toll booth,will that trigger the sunpass?

Also we going miami during the 2 weeks we their and the turnpike now has just drive thru tolls not manned' where you dont give money it just pictures your car reg number is that correct and bills owner?

All a bit confusing...

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Hi Drino
    We have recieved our toll charges today, 10 days after we arrived back in the UK, (paid by the credit card you show to Alamo when you pick your car up) we just stayed to the left on every toll booth. We also drove to the Keys, via Miami, down the turnpike and have been billed for that via Alamo.
    $51.00 in total, including the $6.00 set up rate, but we did use the tolls roads quite a bit in Kissimmee, keeps you off the I - 4 & 192 [msnwink]
    Hope this helps
    Tony

Administrator
    Yes, just go through the regular Sun Pass booths (as if you have a transponder). These are usually to the left, but occasionally can be to the right, but they are clearly signed.

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Drino
    to complete ... if you pass through a manned pay booth, this will "activate" your sunpass too...!
    This is how we test our transponder each first time we arrive in Orlando ... just to be certain tarnsponder is working fine []
    [url]http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/florida-vacation-rental-3515.aspx[/url]
    [url]http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/florida-vacation-rental-3516.aspx[/url]

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by LongLeaf View Post
    Hi Drino
    to complete ... if you pass through a manned pay booth, this will "activate" your sunpass too...!
    This is how we test our transponder each first time we arrive in Orlando ... just to be certain tarnsponder is working fine []
    Do the same myself. Usually the fist booth on the Beachline.

Florida Expert
    If you go to florida that often, why not buy your own Sunpass transponder, we take ours each time and just add the details of the car as soon as we have access to the internet. You can top it up online as well, plus you can check it has registered all the tolls.

Karen
    KJH

Florida Savvy
    Ok so let me see if i understand you,when i mean stay left i mean just driving like 55mph or more on the main carriageway,not even entering the first toll plaza area...just drive str8 past the first one...that will trigger sunpass transponder?
    Quote Originally Posted by tony2000 View Post
    Hi Drino
    We have recieved our toll charges today, 10 days after we arrived back in the UK, (paid by the credit card you show to Alamo when you pick your car up) we just stayed to the left on every toll booth. We also drove to the Keys, via Miami, down the turnpike and have been billed for that via Alamo.
    $51.00 in total, including the $6.00 set up rate, but we did use the tolls roads quite a bit in Kissimmee, keeps you off the I - 4 & 192 [msnwink]
    Hope this helps
    Tony

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    We didn't have a sunpass transponder, We had 'toll by plate', I'm sure they photograph your number plate,. They have camaras above the main carrigeway as well as the booths, on some they have signs saying 'do not slow down' as you pass below.
    Hope this helps, I agree it sounds confusing, but if I can handle it, anyone can !
    Tony