Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brand new rates for Florida with Sixt - including 6 types of convertibles and more...

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.

Brand new rates for Florida with Sixt - including 6 types of convertibles and more...

BRAND NEW RATES FOR FLORIDA WITH SIXT RENT A CAR – FOR PICK UP’S AND BOOKINGS 10 AUGUST – 31 DECEMBER 2013 AND NO HIGH SEASON SUPPLEMENTS.

• Unique fleet which includes American and German Cars with a large variety of fleet choice to include 6 types of convertibles and 15 Seater Minivans
    • Free Additional Driver on the Silver Inclusive Option
    • Gold Inclusive includes 3 Additional Drivers and a Free Tank of Fuel
    • One Ways within Florida free of charge
    • Premium Meet and Greet service with Pre-Registration facility for easy check in and car collection
    • Pre-Bookable Young Driver Package and GPS
    • Zero Excess
    • Excellent Client Service

Their locations are:

• Orlando Intl Airport
    • Miami Intl Airport
    • Fort Lauderdale Airport
    • Fort Lauderdale Downtown
    • Miami Beach Downtown
    • West Palm Beach Airport
    • West Palm Beach Downtown

These are all bookable now at our sister site www.floridahire.com.

There looks to be some interesting deals here.

I particularly liked the idea of getting a Merc C class for only a tiny bit more than a Chevy Impala. Might even give the E class a try.

Two questions I have are, do they have a Premium Meet and Greet service because they are not on the airport and what is this service as I could not find details on the web site.

Also just noticed that they quote a Toyota Corolla as a full size not the Camry as I would expect. Is this an error?

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

They are off airport, but are very close-by. There is a pre-registration service for easy pick up at location and a dedicated text/telephone number that you can use upon arrival. You follow the pick up instructions for meeting point and are transferred by shuttle bus to location which is only a 2 minute drive to Highway 528 (at MCO, but the locations are very close to the airport at all of their other airport locations I have checked).

I'm not sure about the car types for full size vehicles but will ask the question of our supplier.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm sure I've seen the Sixt desk inside the rental center at Miami so there'd be no need for a shuttle there.

I like the look of this option but have a very slight concern about the usual 'or similar' beside the car description. Is there a significant chance you wouldn't get the exact car you want?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I'm sure I've seen the Sixt desk inside the rental center at Miami so there'd be no need for a shuttle there.

I like the look of this option but have a very slight concern about the usual 'or similar' beside the car description. Is there a significant chance you wouldn't get the exact car you want?

You are correct they are in the transport hub at Miami

... but have a very slight concern about the usual 'or similar' beside the car description.
    I thought that this was standard practice for all car hire companies in their T&C's. It's normally good news, as you know, as they upgrade you for free.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

It is standard practice and you are right that they will upgrade for free if the car class you have booked does not have any cars left for any reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    I thought that this was standard practice for all car hire companies in their T&C's. It's normally good news, as you know, as they upgrade you for free.
    I've asked the question about the likelihood of the exact car make in the "or similar" being provided as it's a new product for us and our supplier will be best placed to answer this one.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk View Post

I've asked the question about the likelihood of the exact car make in the "or similar" being provided as it's a new product for us and our supplier will be best placed to answer this one.
    Thanks for that. I'm into Miami again in 3 weeks time and am very interested in this new option.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 18-08-2012 at 06:06.

Funnily enough we had the family round tonight talking about the actual dates we would book for our Christmas break - BA sale on again, and when the gals were looking at cars, the first thing they asked me (after following our link, I have them well trained!) was who are sixt as they are coming up the cheapest? I'm thinking, who, and said it must be a new company that has come on board, and thought I would double check later on and here is is! Sadly the 24yr old will not be driving as it seems to add over £200 for the fortnight to the cost, which as they are hiring a car separately from us makes a big difference to them. (Obviously it was fine when the bank of M & D was picking up the tab!) So it's going to be like Alamo in the old days, but hopefully without the irritating song to drive you mad on the bus ...
    Fiona

I've just had the following back from our supplier:

"If we can guarantee a car type it will show only that car in the category if it shows the car plus as below a mention the vehicle may be similar then the supplier doesn't guarantee the make and model in the in the picture. We can of course always make a request for the customer but this is not always guaranteed. I hope this helps."

have a very slight concern about the usual 'or similar' beside the car description. Is there a significant chance you wouldn't get the exact car you want?