Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: iPad App - why doesn't it work properly

iPad App - why doesn't it work properly

I almost always view the forums via the app on my iPad. But despite me being logged in, many posts are never marked as being read. So when I come back later, they are still flagged as green new posts, not red old ones. Even posts that I read weeks ago still show up as being recently updated.

It's very annoying. Does anyone else have this issue?
    Keith

Florida Chatterbox
    I use the Andriod App and also have problems. So many of the threads won't open and I get the option to force close or Report, yet if I use the web on my phone the threads can be read ok. Sorry Sniff for Hi jacking your thread

No problem, I was beginning to think it was just me

Can it be fixed by the powers that be, please?
    Keith

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I wish we could but the forum app is one provided by the company who write the forum software and is not something we can amend or anything. We have to rely on them identifying and fixing bugs.

The good news though is if you use the Forum Runner app (available for both iPhone, iPad and Android - it even runs in proper iPad mode and not scaled up iPhone mode like the main forum app) it works really well and is dead easy to use. See the following link for details:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...t=forum+runner

Quote Originally Posted by Sniff View Post
    Can it be fixed by the powers that be, please?

Quote Originally Posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    I wish we could but the forum app is one provided by the company who write the forum software and is not something we can amend or anything. We have to rely on them identifying and fixing bugs.

The good news though is if you use the Forum Runner app (available for both iPhone, iPad and Android - it even runs in proper iPad mode and not scaled up iPhone mode like the main forum app) it works really well and is dead easy to use. See the following link for details:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...t=forum+runner
    Thanks for the heads up on the Forum Runner app! I've downloaded it and I'm enjoying playing with it. So far it looks good and I'm considering using for all my forum reading :-)
    Keith