Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Alamo Kiosks

Florida Newbie
    I'm confused, can someone please clarify for everyone's benefit, when you have registered with Alamo's Save Time option, do you have to use the Kiosk, or is perfectly OK to go straight to the garage, select your car and go? I assume if you go straight to the garage the person at the exit booth checks your driving license and takes your credit card details.
    David

Administrator
    Officially, you should go to the kiosks (assuming you have completed your Save Time process first).
    Often they will not turn you back if you go straight to the parking lot, but they can and do sometimes send you back to the terminal, so you can waste a bit of time if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by David W View Post
    I'm confused, can someone please clarify for everyone's benefit, when you have registered with Alamo's Save Time option, do you have to use the Kiosk, or is perfectly OK to go straight to the garage, select your car and go? I assume if you go straight to the garage the person at the exit booth checks your driving license and takes your credit card details.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks Roger, that makes it a lot clearer.
    David

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by freddiehollie View Post
    Hi drino

Yes we did. We got all the info emailed from US Carhire, registered the ticket number with Alamo, Printed the confirmation off.
    Then on arrival at MCO, collected our bags, walked across the drop off area to the parking lot, told Alamo rep what car group we required, (although we had no need to do this as we new which line to go to) selected our car, loaded up & on our way.
    15 minutes max from leaving the baggage carousel. At security the agent checked our paperwork/licences etc and it was "Have a nice evening sir"[msnsmile2]
    Difficult to know what to do for the best...dont wanna do what you did and they say no go back?

Florida Newbie
    As the terminals are now working ok (allegedly) is there an option to select return with a full tank rather than paying for it in advance?

Florida Savvy
    Are you able to use the kiosk whatever the car type? It used to be only for the more expensive cars.

Administrator
    Yes, we announced a little while ago that you can now return the car with a full tank to avoid the refuelling fee with Alamo on the Silver options.

Quote Originally Posted by hearbear View Post
    As the terminals are now working ok (allegedly) is there an option to select return with a full tank rather than paying for it in advance?

Administrator
    I confirm this is now available for all car types.

Quote Originally Posted by IanW View Post
    Are you able to use the kiosk whatever the car type? It used to be only for the more expensive cars.

Florida Junior

Question Save time pre pay of fuel

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Yes, we announced a little while ago that you can now return the car with a full tank to avoid the refuelling fee with Alamo on the Silver options.
    Hi Roger,

If you want to pre pay for your fuel on a Silver rental, do you have to specify this when going through the "save time" registration??

I've tried to register today and it gives an option of ticking a box with "Return fuel at any level ($3.09/gal)" next to it.

Do I need to tick this box? Is this the same as pre paying your fuel (it sounds like it may be!)?

I'm sure I didn't do this last time and just selected it at the kiosk.

Thanks in advance

Sean

Administrator
    Yes, this is the same as pre-paying for fuel. If you select that option then return as empty as you can, as you will be charged for the full tank by Alamo.