Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Anything similar to Delta's Economy Comfort?

Oxfordshire UK & Languedoc-Roussillon France

Anything similar to Delta's Economy Comfort?

We are quite happy to pay £51 extra on top of the economy price ticket for our return flights from the US to the UK in Delta's Economy Comfort section, as think the extra leg room and extra recline on the seats is worth it.

Does anyone know if any of the other transatlantic airlines offer this type of mini-upgrade from Economy?
    Amanda

Gold 5 Star Member
    Virgin offer extra legroom seats from £30 but think you can only book them at the airport.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    Virgin offer extra legroom seats from £30 but think you can only book them at the airport.
    They can be booked in adavance. My daughter booked exit row seats last November on the A330 Airbus and they are allocated at the Airport.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks, I know they won't actually allocate them until they have seen you and confirmed that you are over 16/18 and are physically mobile enough to open the doors in case of emergency.
    Babblin Boo

There are some seats that have extra leg room not near safety exit, which can booked in advance. They are on the smaller planes with new ent system on I think rows 63 and 64. I was sat next to them and the plane was empty, I hopped in one after take off, the difference to me was minimal and not worth paying extra for. I am quite a big fella 20st) and was just as comfortable in my regular seat.

Thanks, I know they won't actually allocate them until they have seen you and confirmed that you are over 16/18 and are physically mobile enough to open the doors in case of emergency.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    There are some seats that have extra leg room not near safety exit, which can booked in advance. They are on the smaller planes with new ent system on I think rows 63 and 64. I was sat next to them and the plane was empty, I hopped in one after take off, the difference to me was minimal and not worth paying extra for. I am quite a big fella 20st) and was just as comfortable in my regular seat.
    I think these are called the purple seats. When we flew home Dec 26 last year the plane was very empty. We were told that we could move seats but not to any purple seats as these incurred an extra charge.
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by christhear View Post
    I think these are called the purple seats. When we flew home Dec 26 last year the plane was very empty. We were told that we could move seats but not to any purple seats as these incurred an extra charge.
    That is ridiculous imo. On our last flight the seats were all rearranged as it was so empty (180ish passengers) and they said they needed to move us around for weight distribution. First thing they did when we were boarding was then to ask hubby and I to take 2 of the exit seats (we were 2 rows behind) as they have to have 2 passengers in them and obviously said we could stay there, so I took that row after take off and hubby the 3 seats behind. Even the 4 bulkhead seats were empty as well.
    Babblin Boo

Steph,
    bulkhead seats are normal price but cannot be booked in advance, most airlines will give them to regular flyers, or move someone into them pre take off. I used to do a lot of courier flights and the company had a bulk head seat locked off for every flight.
    The purple seats are not near any exits and can be pre booked.

That is ridiculous imo. On our last flight the seats were all rearranged as it was so empty (180ish passengers) and they said they needed to move us around for weight distribution. First thing they did when we were boarding was then to ask hubby and I to take 2 of the exit seats (we were 2 rows behind) as they have to have 2 passengers in them and obviously said we could stay there, so I took that row after take off and hubby the 3 seats behind. Even the 4 bulkhead seats were empty as well.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I realised the Purple seats are different Martin but was surprised even when we could move on the plane that no one took the empty bulkhead seats. They obviously try and keep them for if people need skycots. What I meant by being ridiculous was that if there were empty Purple seats in view why they would not let people use them as it's not like they are changing classes from economy to premium and since they are going to be empty anyway , they could let people have a more comfortable flight.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would certainly agree on that if ALL the seats that require extra payment are empty but if I'd paid for mine and others passengers were allowed to take them for free then I might not be so happy.