Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Miami Airport - New set up for car hire pick-up?

Miami Airport - New set up for car hire pick-up?

We were last at Miami airport in July and we still had to exit the main airport building and catch a bus to reach the car hire place.

We are due back in December and on my new Alamo confirmation the directions state:-

•Simply follow the purple MIA Mover signs to the third level of the Airport Terminal. Take the moving walkways to the MIA Mover's station to board and be transported to the Rental Car Center located on the fourth level.
    •Proceed to the Alamo counter located on the right to obtain your rental agreement.

Do I presume that the new fancy system is now up and running??

Has anyone experienced this new set-up yet??

Want to get excited but shall wait until someone can confirm [msnwink]

Yes we were there last month and it really works well
    Lynne

We arrived last week and the system is great, no hassle. But for Alamo person (insert rude word) this would have been my best arrival ever. Never been through customs as quick and with such minimum fuss such a shame that the quick save kiosk was not working.
    Last edited by eagleydo; 20-10-2011 at 00:03.
    Jan

Florida Chatterbox
    With all you guys picking car hire from miami, I take it that your stay itself isn't in miami and propably drive up to orlando, how do you all find the drive?

Always go into Miami and althought the drive is long - approx 4 hours - prefer this to Orlando
    Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ukman View Post
    With all you guys picking car hire from miami, I take it that your stay itself isn't in miami and propably drive up to orlando, how do you all find the drive?
    I think it depends upon a few factors.

If you're the only driver and unfamiliar with the drive and Miami itself then I would very strongly recommend an overnight stop in the Miami area before driving up to Orlando the following day. It's around 200 miles and that's a long way after a 10 hour flight from the UK, especially as for a fair part of the year some of it will be in the dark.

On the other hand, if you know where you're going and able to share the drive then it's doable the same day but I still think an overnight stop makes sense. Driving in Miami is never fun and can be downright terrifying at times!

It also pays to remember that you lose most of the last day of your holiday driving back there for the return flight.

Not that keen on driving in Miami but we were travelling for a few days before coming to Orlando and when we return the flight is not until 11.30pm at night. We are driving down early morning and then spending time at the venetian pool before having a meal and then going to airport. Preferred arrival at Miami to arriving at MCO, we took advice given here and stayed at airport hotel before driving the next morning. Great advice!!!
    Jan