Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Renting From Dollar With No Credit Card - Visa Debit is OK

Renting From Dollar With No Credit Card - Visa Debit is OK

Hi, I know this is covered several pages down in this Forum, but I thought it may help people in a similar situation:

My friends are picking up a Dollar car on Friday, and don't have any credit cards. They have contacted Dollar who assure them that a Visa debit card is fine, or alternatively they can leave $400 cash.

I hope this is of help.
    Dave.

Super Moderator
    I think if you leave a debit card then the car hire companies put a hold on a dollar figure whilst you have the car - so would get your friends to check if this is still the case in case they draw funds or use their debit card and go temporarily overdrawn. Once the car is returned the funds are released back on to the account.

Administrator
    That's correct. Dollar, Alamo and National allow debit cards (as long as not pre-paid). The condition is that you are able to show a return flight ticket, so if you are collecting say the day after you arrive from a local depot then make sure you take your return flight ticket with you when collecting the car.

As said above, they will typically take the funds from your account and refund it on the day you return the car (unlike Credit Card where they just do a pre-approval for the funds without actually taking payment).

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    On our recent trip Dollar took the money from my bank account, but refunded it after about 5 days, this was over 2 weeks before we returned the car.
    Christine

Florida Chatterbox
    on my recent trip over christmas and new year, i used my fairfx card, had no issues what so ever and no hold was put on my card, as i spent every last dime that was on it.