Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Travel Insurance

Florida Junior

Travel Insurance

Hi everyone

Can anyone suggest a good company for travel insurance and any points that I need to check when taking it out

We probably only need single trip insurance as after this holiday to Florida we definately can't afford anything for about 10 years never mind the same year!

I was thinking that the 'cancellation' element needs to be about £5000 to cover for flights, villa, car hire etc (thats for 2 adults and 2 children)

Anyone elses experience would be much appreciated

Thanks

Nadim

Super Moderator
    We have just renewed our travel insurance, albeit for an annual policy but the same rules apply when looking for a single trip.

You can compare policies on some of the comparison sites and moneysupermarket does have guides about the different types of travel insurance. There are a few policies which will cover events like the volcano crisis last year but obviously they are more expensive. We took out a policy with Columbus who were not the cheapest but covered what we needed.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I use the AA for the family and I use staysure as I have high blood pressure which gives me good cover.
    Jan&Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    Direct travel have always been very competitive on price but keeping the level of cover you need.

They did pay out in the volcano crisis.

Aside from cancellation the most important for travel in the US is medical coverage. You can't predict when you might need it as accidents and illnesses are unpredictable.

Their annual policy is not much more than a single trip (around £100 if you have no pre existing conditions, but one good thing about the policy is that if your children are of an age theymay go on school trips etc then they are covered for indepentant travel (or if they may go on holiday with a friend.

Also if you are booking your holiday separately, ask them to confirm in writing that you are covered for things booked independantly such as accommodation etc.
    Babblin Boo

We use Lloyds Bank where we get free insurance with our Bank Account. They are also good if you are older as they cover you for up to 80 years of age. Not insinuating that you are that age, but it is good to know as it is difficult to get cover for people over 60/65 nowadays.

Andrena

Hi

We have an annual insurance with direct travel for around £86.00 I think.

regards

Debbie