Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aquatica and seaworld questions

Florida Newbie

Aquatica and seaworld questions

Hi all.
    Two things if i may.
    Firstly...Is it true that you can't take any food or drinks (not even calipsos & crisps) in to either Seaworld or Aquatica, not even for the kids? As I've heard that if they find anything in your bag search, then they dispose of it. Please confirm if that's the case.
    Secondly...can I take my 2 flimsy lilo's for the kids to play on & lay on at Aquatica, or are they also banned?
    Any7 advice welcome as usual. Cheers guys. Gtyler.

Administrator
    I'm not 100% sure about Sea World, although I know we usually take snacks in with us and have never had a problem.

At Aquatica, you can take a cool box, up to 4 gallons in capacity (or 16 quarts as they call it). Just don't take alcohol or glass. We usually take a cooler withy iced water and a stack of plastic disposable cups.

When we visited Aquatica last year they were very strict about taking any food or drinks in to the park. People with cool boxes were being told to return them to their cars. By the sound of it they have now relaxed this, which is good.
    ellie

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We tend to take some bottles of iced water into seaworld and sometimes some pringles. The problem is the cartons that have straws on them. The small straws can be swallowed by the wildlife so all straws are removed at bag search.
    Christine

Florida Savvy
    Small packs of crisps and individual drinks and snacks are OK, but family size packs and large bottles are not allowed.

Florida Chatterbox
    When I went to Aquatica last year there was a clear message at the entrance that you couldn't take your own food and drink in. But the bag searches didn't result in our picnic being confiscated. I had already decided if they made an issue we would pull the 'allergy issues' special.

They have to be a bit careful as strictly enforcing such a rule is enough to make many people go to the Disney water parks.

Hi, Over in Florida at present and family friends who have just returned to the UK visited Aquatica twice during their stay and had all food taken from them and were only allowed water to take into the park.

Val

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for that latest information Val. Its Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon on my next visit. Graeme

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for all the advice.
    It's probably best to only take in drinks in that case. i don't need the hassle of arguing in front of the kids over some crisps etc.
    Cheers for all your help.
    Gtyler

Administrator
    From the Aquatica website, this is the official policy:

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
    Outside Food Policy
    Aquatica has clear limitations on what types of food/beverage purchased outside are allowed to be brought in to the park. Coolers are permitted, but they must be no larger than 16-quart size; large insulated bags are available for purchase at Guest Relations. For guests with special dietary requirements a limited number of unlimited daily picnic size lockers are available for rent at the park. Two picnic areas are located at the bus drop-off area at the front of the park and guests may re-enter these areas as often as they would like during an operating day.

The following food and beverage items are not permitted:
    •Picnic lunches or other family portion servings (such as large bags of chips, 2 liter sodas, sandwiches, hot dogs, slices of pizza, subs, fried chicken, etc)
    •Alcohol

Coolers may contain:

•Snacks in individual serving sizes (cracker packs, under 3 oz bags of chips, fruit snacks, etc)
    •Bottled water
    •Baby food in plastic containers

For your safety, the following items are not permitted inside Aquatica: Glass containers, firearms, straight blade knives, large pointed scissors, pocketknives with a blade over two inches, pepper sprays, utensils and flammable liquids.

For the safety of our animals the following items are not permitted inside Aquatica: Plastic straws, balloons, cup lids.

[/quote]