Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: luggage

Florida Newbie

luggage

Hi.
    I'm planning on taking 2 x large holdall type luggage bags (160 litres each) to Disney in october for my family of 2 adults, 2 toddlers, as well as our hand luggage/buggy/car seat/booster seat. i was wondering if the airline would allow these 2 holdalls to be heavier than the limit of 23kgs each due to the fact it's all 4 of our luggage and we've paid for 4 tickets. Or do I have to split it all up to the max weight limit of 23kgs each holdall, which means poss using yet another bag too. This means I'll have a stack of luggage 10 foot high and then run the risk of not getting it in the hire car once in Florida.
    Advice welcome please.
    Gtyler

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Whatever you "DO NOT" go over each individual weight limit.

All airlines are getting very strict on this and you may be charged for being over the limit.

We see on a "Regular" basis now, Virgin passengers at DTD Checkin, opening cases to re-distribute weight [msnembarrased] when some cases are heavy and some light.
    mike

Gold 5 Star Member
    You can have them between 23kgs and 32kgs BUT you will be charged excess baggage for the extra 9kgs and when you work out what rate they charge it is actually cheaper to pay for another bag. Obviously there is no point paying for something you can have for free utilising your current baggage allowance.

I'm sure youu wouldnt have a problem getting it into the car. for instance the car seats will be being used and there should be room to at least put some of your hand luggage between the children.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    Its all to do with Health & Safety, those poor baggage handlers now can't lift anything over 32kg.
    Neil & Kay

The airlines have become very strict in enforcing the weight restrictions. As has already been said, the most economical way to pack your belongings is to stay within the 23 Kgs limit and check an extra bag if required.
    Jim

Why not take less with you and make the most of the extra allowance to go shopping. Summer clothes are light, you can wear the jumper/fleece you may need for the evenings. If you are staying in a villa, it is no hassle to put one wash on mid stay if needed, but even without, I think most people bring home unused clothes from holiday [msneek]
    I often use a porter at Orlando from the car park to check in... worth every penny!
    Shirley

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
    Why not take less with you and make the most of the extra allowance to go shopping. Summer clothes are light, you can wear the jumper/fleece you may need for the evenings. If you are staying in a villa, it is no hassle to put one wash on mid stay if needed, but even without, I think most people bring home unused clothes from holiday [msneek]
    I often use a porter at Orlando from the car park to check in... worth every penny!
    [/quote]We have the washer on practically every day and our cases are always jam packed both ways[msnembarrased]

Florida Chatterbox
    I'd pack enough clothes for 5 days max as you'll find it's so much easier to wash each day.

Depending on what grade of car you've booked beware of taking Large Luggage as the boots/trunks are really small. Some Intermediate/full have boots which go under the seats but the max you can get in will be either 2 or 3 depending on the size of each case/holdall.

If you need another holdall then you can get them from the Flea Markets on 192, the one where I go by Marker 14 sell them for $7 and packed work under the 23kgs. The bags are light so no extra weight is lost.