Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update.. Questions that need to be answered.....

Florida Newbie

Update.. Questions that need to be answered.....

Hi everyone,
    First of all many thanks for the replies I had for my first posting, now i have a few more questions if anyone knows the answers to..

Car parking at the parks....
    I have orlando flexi-tickets and WDW tickets for our stay in Sept
    Does anyone know the prices of the parking at the various parks these tickets cover?

Shopping...
    We have a villa booked and will be doing some cooking at home (BBQ etc)... where would be the best place to get food from?...

Shopping...2
    We'll be shopping for clothes and shoes etc...where is the best place to get bargains for these...(Daughter is looking for some new football boots when we go...)

Car Hire...
    We have a car booked but as I said this will be our first time doing this type of holiday....where are the car pick up points (we're flying into MCO)

I have a load more questions but these will come later

Tipping....

what is the etiquette on tipping?...

If your paying cash for a meal you would obviously leave a tip, but what if your paying by card?...

Thanks in advance..
    Martin

Florida Junior
    I last went 5 years back so certainly not upto date info but I found the Publix supermarkets a better place to shop for groceries, felt a little more relaxed and not as Vast as the Walmarts and Premium Outlets just off I drive south has so much to choose from under one roof as it were and at very good prices. I also found that a lot of the Nike/ Addidas stores along the 192 seemed to offer good value not sure if that is still the case tho.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Disney car parking is $14 per day but not sure about Univerasl, Sea World etc but expect about the same.

The car pick up points are all signposted. If you have rented your car from Dollar then youu can pre register for Dollar Express online. Add thenumber to your car booking and then when you arrive will go straight to the garage to pick it up.

Publix and Walmart are the most popular for food and you'll get everything you need for the barbie there.
    Babblin Boo

Seaworld is also $14. The cost of parking is usually the same at all the parks, but there is no charge for the Disney water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. If you have hopper tickets for Disney (where you can visit more than one park in one day) you can move from park to park without having to pay any more parking charges.

The hire cars are all parked in the car park which adjoins the terminal at Orlando International Airport. You pick up your luggage and go down to the car hire desks. From here you simply walk across to the car park - its very easy.

We also use the Target superstores which also sell food - we like their meat and fruit in particular. They do some great steaks. Walmart and Publix are also very good, but Publix is a quicker place to shop as it is purely food, so easier to get round in a short time. The quality of their deli is particularly good and they allow you to 'try before you buy!'

There are several malls where you can shop for bargains - Premium Outlet Mall is on the lower part of International Drive South has lots of outlet shops, as does the slightly newer Prime Outlets, right at the top of International Drive. If you just want general shopping then there is Mall at Millenia, a gorgeous shopping centre with an Apple shop and some big stores, or the Florida Mall which has a large number of shops including JC Penney and Macys.

Hope you have a great time, and keep the questions rolling in!
    ellie

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I agree with all the above. We think, on the whole, Wal Mart is cheaper but prefer the meat in Publix, never tryed Target will give it a go in October. The Premium Outlet Mall is very big with most of the big names, you should be able to find lots of bargains. There are other outlet malls around, I can just shop till I drop in Kissimmee & Orlando[msnwink]
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    We personally like publix and have a BBQ at our villa and that is where we get our food provisions.

The premium outlets on International Drive is also a favorite of ours and I picked up some trendy Nike boots for my son on our last visit. If you search the premium outlets online you can register and they can send you updates for any special events they hold and any vouchers.[msnsmile]
    Jan&Steve

Florida Chatterbox
    Premium outlet mall is actually on Vineland (not int drive) and is easily accessed from exit 68 on I4. If your travelling East on I4, exit at 68, go straight across at the lights and the mall will be on your right. If travelling West on I4, exit at 68, turn left at the lights, then drive under the I4 and take next left onto vineland, mall is on your right. Mall of Milenia is exit 78, you cant miss it once you have exited the I4. Florida Mall is on Sand Lake Road. Cant remember the exit off I4 but I think its 74a. The exit will be marked Sand Lake Rd. Go East on Sand Lake and the Florida Mall is on your right in approx 2/3 miles. Hope this helps. Gill

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lewisp
    Premium outlet mall is actually on Vineland (not int drive) and is easily accessed from exit 68 on I4.
    [/quote]

If you are staying in the eastern part of the 192 then you can access Premium Outlet Mall from International Drive, without going on the I-4.

If you turn right onto International Drive South near Marker 8 on the 192 it is a short drive up this road, which becomes International Drive. The turning can be found on the left hand side of International Drive. It is signposted.
    ellie

As well as the outlet malls - Premium is our favourite too, Walmart aren't too bad for casual clothing. I usually get T shirts from there and casual jeans - levis. Although if you want the branded shops the outlet malls are better.

Don't worry about finding out everything before you go, it will all fall into place when you get there - trust me, it does, and you will have great fun finding it all out.

Diane.

Good advise from above, but in June visited the re-vamped Belks outlets at the top of International Drive now Prime1 and found it much better than the Premium outlets off the I-4 near the Crossroads exit. Mall of Millenia and Florida Mall always worth a visit along with the Loop and Posner Park.
    We usually buy our food in Publix or Walmart but if you have a Costco card then the meat for BBQ's etc is always good quality and value, they are situated on Orange Blossom trail.

Have a great holiday and enjoy the shopping.

Val