Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: from Contemporary to MK

Florida Newbie

from Contemporary to MK

Hi.
    I hope this question isn't stupid. But as it's our first time to Disney this autumn, I just want to check something with you guys please. I want to book breakfast at the Contempory Chef Mickey's & then go in to the Magic Kingdom for the day after. I'm staying in villa off site & wanted to know how this might work. Do I drive to the Contemporary car park & park there for the day, then eat breakfast & then are my family able to walk to MK or is it too far? Or would it be best to park at MK and walk to Chef Mickey's then back again. Or is it too far to walk between the two anyway. Also, if wanting breakfast at CM, what time's best to finish there & then get to the MK? Sorry if I seem nieve, but am a newby remember.
    Cheers for any info. Best wishes. Gtyler

The easiest way to get from the Contemporary to the MK is on the monorail, it runs through the hotel and drops you at the gate for MK. I believe if you self park at the hotel you may only be able to park there for 3 hours however I think you can park there for longer if you use the valet parking.
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Chatterbox
    We have done exactly the same as what you want to do. Here's what we did:

Valet park at Contemporary
    Have breakfast at Chef Mickey
    Walk to MK (nice 10 minute max stroll, no waiting for monorails)
    At the end of the day, 10 minute stroll back to Contemporary (avoiding the rush for the monorails)
    Pay your $12 plus tip and your car will be brought to you at the hotel entrance.

Perfect way to spend the day. We had breakfast at 10:15am, not sure what is the best and worst time but it was perfect for us.

Enjoy!!
    Garry Pullan

Florida Newbie
    Hi all.
    Many, many thanks for your knowledge. You've been a great help as usual. Much appreciated and best wishes.
    Gtyler