Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: dining times, what's best?

Florida Newbie

dining times, what's best?

Hi all.
    this is just a census about character dining in WDW etc, to see whether people who have done character dining before, preffered to have breakfast (early or late?) lunch or whether it's best to do dinner?. Also, where did they dine and was it good value etc. Please note I have a 3yr old and a six year old. That way i can see where and when people advise us to go.
    as always, much appreciated.
    Gtyler.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    We've done breakfast and dinner with the kids (4+6) and prefer breakfast. Mainly because it is not as hot, the kids and characters are fresh,and then we have the rest of the day to do as we please.
    Value was Ok bearing in mind that eating was a secondary issue for the kids.

We've been to Chef Mickeys for breakfast and dinner - both were excellent. I would go at the time your kids are likely to be wide awake, so if they're early risers that like to be in bed by 7 I would opt for breakfast, but if they're like mine and have trouble getting up before lunchtime (even as babies!) then opt for dinner.
    Caroline & Dave

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Personally I would say breakfast followed by evening. At their ages they are quite likely to be exhausted by luchtime so beat to let them have a nap, or aleast a long rest.
    Christine

Florida Chatterbox
    I think WDW is fantastic but have always been disppointed by the pricing of the character meals. I have only one experience - taking my 6 yr old daughter to the princesses evening meal at Akershus restaurant in Norway at Epcot World Showcase. She absolutely loved every minute of it - I thought the food was awful and massively overpriced. Chef Mickeys definitely gets the character meal recommendation from all people I have discussed with since. I think it is always a case of grin and bear the cost for the kids' happiness with the experience.

We did the character breakfast at the polynesian resort hotel as it was the only place that could fit us in at the time and we were really impressed by it, mickey, goofy and chip and dale came to the tables and my li'l un who was 6 at the time could hardly contain herself. The breakfast was really good as well it was an "all you can eat" we then went off to the parks and didn't need to eat for the rest of the day. We also did the character evening meal at Cinderella's Palace on a different holiday and weren't impressed with that meal, it was expensive for what it was, and it felt like they couldn't wait to get you out of the door.
    Wendy

We did dinner at Cinderellas Royal Table in MK. We ate at 7.30.....would have preferred 6.30 but couldn't get it[msnsad] It was a bit on the late side for our not quite 3 year old grand daughter ( even after an afternoon nap) but the food was excellent and we were definitely treated "Royally". Photos with Cinderella were part of the deal and other small treats thrown in.

The benefit of the later meal meant we experienced the fireworks from inside the castle and as we were by the window this was brilliant.......not so good from the other side of the room.

Liz