Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football

Florida Expert
    Yeah we are ok thanks, never really been away just not posted much.
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey

Hi Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey
    If you are staying at Lake Davenport Estates, you don't need to go too far to catch the football. You have a choice of places within a short drive along US27 that will be showing the England game I'm sure. You have Beef O'Brady, Devenneys and also The Pub ( an Irish bar opposite Posner Park - may have changed it's name). Some may make a cover charge to recuperate the cost of the broadcast. Be sure to wear your England shirt as you will find the Brits all proudly wearing theirs or maybe their own club shirt. We have the Espn HD and Fox sports TV package at our villa but we often prefer to go out to one of these pubs for the big games, to take in the atmosphere.

Pam

Florida Expert
    Thanks for that Pam, I think the Algeria game is a 15.30 kick off so will probably watch that at the Villa but the USA game is 20.30 so will probably go to a bar. Just as an after thought, do the places you mentioned allow children?
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey

Florida Expert
    The Cricketers will be showing the game. But I know it's going to be packed. Phil (the owner) is going to have a door price.
    It'll be on TV. Most sports bars in the state will be showing it.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Florida Junior
    Regal Palms just along from you show live Premiership football 10am every saturday morning, during the season. They will also be screening the World Cup.

They do a decent breakfast too[msnsmile2]

Sara

Super Moderator
    Beef O'Brady's has a children's menu so they are definitely welcome there.

Hi we stayed in Highlands reserve on the 27 and there was an english bar in the shopping center next to publix,we watched all the premiership games and the atmospher was brilliant.There are quite a few bars on the 27 that will show the England Games Beef O'Bradys Sports Bar being one of them
    mike
    If Everton were playing in my back garden i would close the curtains
    (Shanks)

I think children are welcome in all of these places but everyone will have to pay the cover charge. You may be able to negotiate a reduced price on the door though for the younger children. You could always go out for breakfast and take in the games that are afternoon kick-off back home!
    Lets hope there's something to cheer - Enjoy!
    Pam

Florida Expert
    The Shamrock on the 27, just south of the I-4 junction always has football on. There are about 15 screens in there and you can watch a variety of matches. Always a good atmosphere in there. When Euro 2008 was on, Brian Robson and Gordon McQueen were often in watching the games. Robbo often drops in to watch football when he is over.

Denis

Florida Savvy
    Hi

For all of you fanatics, if you can't find a bar to watch the footy or similar in but have a PC in the villa, try www.myp2p.eu which we use to watch all of the major sporting events in the Uk or globally when we're in Florida. It's a free site and covers everything. Very good if you get a fast connection.
    Karen