Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sat-nav post codes for all major attractions

Florida Newbie

Sat-nav post codes for all major attractions

Hi again all.
    I'm hiring a car & sat-nav for next year and was wondering if there's a website or does anyone have advice on accessing the postal codes for all the major attractions in and around Disney. i.e codes that I could use to punch in for Magic Kingdom, Animal Kindom, the water parks, Seaworld, cleerwater beach etc, etc. It would be so handy to have them before travelling and that way I could decide where we are going the next day and have the postal code for that place ready to punch in to the sat-nav and away we go.
    Any takers please?
    Much appreciated. Gazza

Have you tried the official websites for the parks to see if they have addresses and zip codes anywhere on them. All the parks are really well signposted anyway off of I4 and we haven't got lost yet (if you knew my navigation skills you would know that is a miracle) and we have never used a satnav, although we use one in England ! [xmas1]
    Wendy

Administrator
    If you are hiring the Sat Nav through us then the unit will be pre-programmed with all the major attractions and places to visit as Favourites, so you can quickly see them in a list.

Florida Junior
    When we took our own Sat Nav this year (preloaded with US maps) we didn't need zip codes for any of the parks, you could search by 'Attraction'. When we started entering the name of the park, it was a bit like predictive text and we simply selected the destination we required. I presume all Sat Navs work this way.

Same with our own Sat Nav (Tom Tom). All the parks were easily found by typing their names or going into the "closeby attractions" file.
    Besides, as said above, the signs are big enough, you really can't miss them .

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KH2508
    When we took our own Sat Nav this year (preloaded with US maps) we didn't need zip codes for any of the parks, you could search by 'Attraction'. When we started entering the name of the park, it was a bit like predictive text and we simply selected the destination we required. I presume all Sat Navs work this way.

[/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    Google Maps. Type in the park name then just pick the road that is closest to it or leads into it. By the time you get within a mile of it there are loads of signposts so you stop using Sat Nav once you're close.

Worked a treat for us last year and it's good to look at all the parks from the sky whilst doing it.
    Garry Pullan

Florida Newbie
    Thanks guys, you've all been a tremendous help. Especially for a first timer like me. fantastic.
    Festive love to all. Gazza

Florida Newbie
    Is it as simple as picking up a sat nav when collecting your hire car at MCO if pre booked, I, am confused with people talking about them being sent to the UK?
    and what I gather, it should be pre loaded with all the attractions, "but if not" in general the sat nav finds them.[msnsmile]

Can anyone give me a hire company that does the car hire and sat nav pre loaded, that I can pick up on arrival and MCO

If you book your car and Sat Nav from www.uscarhire.co.uk (the link above) you will get your Sat Nav sent to your home preloaded with your villa address, and with all the attractions and restaurants etc you could possibly need. We have watched people picking up Sat Nav from the Car Hire desks in MCO and it is such a palaver. If you book one from the link above you won't have to hang about while they go searching for one, then make sure it works etc etc. It will be delivered to you so you can be sure it is in your hand when you arrive. Its a great system!

Hope you have a great time.[msnwink]
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: We have watched people picking up Sat Nav from the Car Hire desks in MCO and it is such a palaver.
    [/quote]

How many occasions are you referring to? Like hundreds of people every day, I've collected Sat Nav units from car rental companies in the US and never had the slightest problem even when I haven't pre-booked one.

I certainly agree that rental through this site is good value but you do have to rent the unit for the entire period of the holiday and if somebody feels they need that then I'd endorse your recommendation. However, I've found that I use it less and less as the holiday goes by and I get my bearings so it always seems to stay at home for the last few days while I'm still paying for it.