Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Returning hire car after hols

Florida Newbie

Returning hire car after hols

Hi everyone, we have hired a car with budget through uscar hire, collecting at orlando airport and was wondering, do we drop it off at the place we pick it up from and how long should we allow for dropping it off, any waiting, paperwork etc. cheers. Phil

Super Moderator
    When you get back to the airport there are overhead gantry signs to follow for car hire return. You just have to make sure you follow the lanes for Budget. Normally you drive up and by the time you have emptied the boot someone has met you and booked the car back in. From there it is only a couple of minutes into the departure area.

I would allow 15 minutes to return your car. It has never taken us longer than this.
    Regards, Mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is very easy and quick. They always have plenty of staff, you just take luggage out. They give you a printed slip and that's it.
    Jan&Steve

The only thing to be aware of is that when returning the car, they are terribly efficient ... almost too efficient. I always find this bit a little stressful as you are juggling all the luggage, thinking about getting bags to check-in/drop off and dealing with kids and all the various debris that is 'essential' for the flight. Try to make sure you do take a moment just to check you have everything/everyone as, once you walk away from the car, it will be whisked away pretty quickly.
    Euan

It is quick and easy, but as said just take a mo to check you have everything and to check the slip to make sure you have not been charged for anything you should not have. We were once charged for fuel when we had prepaid.Got it refunded at the dest straight away but lucky Lee checked.
    Jan and Lee

Florida Savvy
    Following on from the prev comments on my first trip some 13yrs ago I was in the dep lounge when I relaised my wallet was still in the car, managed to retrieve it via a few phone calls but it is a very quick process when you arr to return the car
    Ian Mcc

Florida Newbie
    Thanks everyone for all the helpful replies, Phil

Florida Expert
    A few years ago my middley left a lovely Sea World baseball cap in a side pocket never to be seen again and she had to wait 5 years for a replacement. So if anyone hired a people carrier in 2001 and found a baseball cap............ Nothing left on trips since!

Quick and easy process. Take your time to go through the car to check nothing is left behind. We always check and double-check (ok, probably triple-check ) and nobody ever rushed us through the process, they just went on to the next customer. Of course as said do check your receipt.