Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sat-nav post codes for all major attractions

Sat Navs are probably more useful for finding your way home from parks, particularly in the dark after a long day and finding the villa for the first time. You can hire them at the airport, but at least you can be sure that hiring from this site, someone with knowledge of the area has programmed in your villa. When you search for our home on sat nav, it takes you to a street a couple of miles away. Someone who knows the area would easily spot this.
    Shirley

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I'm with Shirley, getting to the parks is no problem, finding your way out of the maize of roads in the dark is much harder, I find the sat nav really usefull then.
    Lyn

Florida Newbie
    Looking at the new responses this morning, I decided to check out uscarhire for the Sat Nav, but was disappointed to see that in reality if your planning to use it for 2 weeks it will more than likely need to be hired for up to 16 days or more, which comes to around £70 which is quite expensive.

If you need it for 14 days you just hire it for 14 days which is not £70. It would be £55 including return postage.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fraserax
    Looking at the new responses this morning, I decided to check out uscarhire for the Sat Nav, but was disappointed to see that in reality if your planning to use it for 2 weeks it will more than likely need to be hired for up to 16 days or more, which comes to around £70 which is quite expensive.[/quote]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    I've collected Sat Nav units from car rental companies in the US and never had the slightest problem even when I haven't pre-booked one.
    I am so glad to hear that, Katy's Grandad. It is always good to hear when things go right.
    ellie

Administrator
    As Martin says, when you hire a unit from us, you just select your vacation dates (to tie in with your car hire dates when renting from us). If you are going for 14 days and hiring a car for 14 days then you pay for the sat nav for 14 days. We take in to account the fact you need it before you go and post it back when you return so those extra days are not charged in the rental.

The only time this does not work out is if say you are going away for 2 weeks but only hiring the car (and therefore the sat nav) for 1 week, then the sat nav rental would still need to be for 2 weeks.

i hired one from uscar hire last year,It was delivered to my home address with my villa & all the theme parks pre loaded!it worked a treat

Florida Newbie
    Another alternative is to buy one in Florida, $80 or so at Walmart. Good value, Especially if you plan to return to the US regularly.

Florida Savvy
    I bought one in Florida, less than $100 for a good TomTom and added UK maps when I got home for less than £30. Whenever we go to Orlando, we simply select "switch map" to USA and switch back to UK on our return. All of the attractions are preloaded.
    Scorpio

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Scorpio
    I bought one in Florida, less than $100 for a good TomTom and added UK maps when I got home for less than £30. Whenever we go to Orlando, we simply select "switch map" to USA and switch back to UK on our return. All of the attractions are preloaded.
    [/quote]Ditto....[8D]