Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: virgin drinks charges

Florida Chatterbox

virgin drinks charges

Hi guys ,
    we are going in 13 days with continental, but my 2 sons are flying out later with Virgin GLA/MAN/ORL but I was watching sky travel yesterday and it said that on Virgin flights ALL drinks are free even in the the economy section is that true or do they charge for drinks like continental do .

Thanks

Florida Chatterbox
    We weren't charged for drinks when we flew Virgin from DXB to LHR last Sunday[beer]

Kim

Florida Expert
    We have never paid for drinks with Virgin.

We have never been charged for drinks on Virgin and we got a gift and there were a pen, eye pad ,small toothpaste and tooth brush & note pad
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    We have never paid for drinks, soft or alcohol on virgin planes. but I suppose the price of the ticket compared to Continental, you are sort of paying for it anyway. Thats why I choose continental as the teenagers don't drink and soft drinks are free anyway. so its only me or hubby that have one or drinks, so it works out cheaper
    CERI

Gold 5 Star Member
    Often you'll find that Virgin and Continental have a codeshare flight so both lots of passengers are on teh same plane. At the moment Virgin don't charge for drinks. including wine or beer with the meal.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Junior
    We flew Manchester to Orlando with Virgin on 26th October in economy and can confirm that there is no charge for the drinks. They do a couple of trolley services then basically anything else you need you pop to the galley for but there's still no charge.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have never been charged for drinks and most scheduled airlines don't
    Jan&Steve

Florida Chatterbox
    wow Im amazed that Virgin dont charge , our continetal tickets were 50.00 more expensive too , so I take it we will have to pay for our drinks .

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SteveandJan
    We have never been charged for drinks and most scheduled airlines don't
    [/quote]

A lot do though, especially transatlantic. Two of the very biggest in the business, American & United, both charge for alcoholic drinks in Economy and I don't think any of the other US carriers serve free alcohol other than perhaps wine with the meal service. Even where drinks are offered free by a particular airline, it's not exactly "keep your glass topped up" all the way.