Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: October 5th - 19th

Florida Newbie

October 5th - 19th

Hey folks

well i have been to florida few times now but never within these dates.

i was just wondering what the temperatures will be like, weather etc to get a rough idea before we set out.

Also any major changes i should be aware about since my last visit in 2000.

Also i would like to know if Epcot do their illuminations show? I checked the times and its showing 9pm closing, so wasnt sure if it wil be dark enough.

Thanks in advance

Hi Steph
    We are off to Orlando on the 10th to the 24th October, we always go at this time of year, it is not as hot as August/September but still very much shorts and teeshirt weather. When we went last time it was very hot and humid up in the late 80s early 90s every day.
    Another bonus is the parks are just that little less crowded than usual which is nice, on our last visit we never queued for more than 20 minutes (apart from Magic Kingdom) at most of the parks that we went to, I am hoping for the same when we go this time.[clap]
    Have a fantastic time[msnsmile2]
    Wendy

Florida Junior
    We're off on the 26th October. I was wondering what time it gets light and goes dark at that time of year. I remember when we were there in July/Aug 2008 and I was surprised at how late in the morning the sun rose and how early it set compared to the UK but I suppose I shouldn't have been when I thought about how much further south they are.[msnembarrased]

Florida Savvy
    Hi, we always go about that time of year and its always warm and sunny, BUT you do need pool heating if youre in a villa! We were fine in tshirts and shorts and warm enough at the water parks! Jo

Florida Newbie
    some fantastic replies folks, much appreciated

really looking forward to it.

we have my two daughters going so im thinkin the cooler months will suit.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We are going from the 3rd to 23rd, glad to here the weather should be OK, but I wasn't worried as when we were there in January the Floridians thought it was cold but apart from one day I was still in shorts & tshirt.
    Lyn

Florida Chatterbox
    We will be there from 9th to 23rd.
    Went at this time 2 years ago, didn't have any rain until the day we were coming home and the parks were not too busy
    Karen