Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Advice needed from the experts

Advice needed from the experts

Hi
    I don't even know where to start.

I am a flight attendant and fly to Orlando every week. I have visited there nearly every year since I was 13. I love it!

I am now a mother of two children aged 20 months and 3 years.

My husband has recently dissolved his partnership due to a failing business and we have just sold our home to rent it back. Bankruptcy is next. Basically things couldnt be worse financially except for some savings I have.

We would love to move to Orlando and start a new life but want to research it thoroughly so it works out for us all. We are in no rush.

I could keep my job with my airline and commute as I only fly 2 to 3 times a month.

We are willing to look into as many options as possible.

Also what about schooling for the kids eventually? It is possible to keep our home in the u.k and pay rent in fact we would really like to do this.

Cant think of anything else at the moment but any questions welcome. Advice will be much appreciated.
    Thankyou

You need to find all the relevent threads regarding moving to Florida.

I don't wish to put a dampner on it, but it is a long and not easy task to get the correct Visa's you will need. You will also need money, but you would be best reading the threads from others who have similar dreams, and the experts on here who have done it.

Good luck.

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just sent you a link....its not going to be easy for you.. it may have to be a long term plan ...it took us 12 years to move to the USA...We were told we would never do it...but we did...
    There are a lot of things to take into account...getting the right visa...kids aging out..a lot of businesses here are going under...its really hard for a lot of Brits here right now....
    Go to the website I've sent you and have a read ask questions...people will be honest with you...they may tell you things you don't want to hear..people are only trying to help..they don't want to see you make a mistake that could cost you and your family dearly...

I really don't see a way for you right now unless your husband could get a job offer...which is not that easy...he would have to be really needed here...

As Sandra says it is not easy to move to the US, do look through the search option and read some of the postings about it, including some from people who have come back or had to leave the US at very short notice.

You may find it easier to live in Europe or Australia or Canada. However do think long and hard about moving away, you will be giving up the rights to the NHS - you never know what is round the corner. Also we do have a benefit system to help people when they hit a bad patch, I am not sure about the benefit systems in Europe as each country is different, but in the US there is nothing and you have to have health insurance.

You need to investigate all your options and think long and hard about what you want as a family.
    Fiona

Florida Expert
    I understand BA are starting, or have already opened, a crew domicile for FAs in New York. Now you know as much as I know. But it may be worth looking into.
    Good luck.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens