Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: e2 running out

Florida Newbie

e2 running out

hi guys
    we have been in florida for 15months now and our visa runs out october can anybody give me advice on re applying as our visa consultant has retired and we were wondering if we could do it our self or do you have to pay somebody the business didnt do as well as the guide lines (75000 a year)we were quite a bit short but the way the ecomony is we are lucky to be in business as there are companies around us going bust are the embassy giving anybody a break as the ecomony is [bad language filtered out] at the moment

hope you can help

still nice being in the sun

Florida Expert
    I have done ours on line, it took two hours to make sure I didn't make a mistake but it can be done
    sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    I did my own application for E2. Just print off the FAM guidelines off the embassy website and follow them exactly to the letter. Skippy I presume that you have just extended status with USCIS which will landlock you not renewed your visa as a renewal has to be in a binder split into sections like a new application and you need to send tax returns, W-2s, 1099s etc not the sort of thing that can be done on line.

Papaya how many employees do you have, W-2s not 1099s? Employees are the deciding factor. Those with lots are getting 5 years, those with few are getting 2 years, or not getting through at all. No employees makes life very difficult as you are automatically seen as marginal. I do not believe that the embassy is making any allowance for the recession, that is certainly the news that is filtering through. We are only here as long as we can successfully run businesses and it is considered that we are not doing that if we do not have the figures and the fact that it is darn nye impossible with their economy as it is is bye the bye. There are E2-ers having problems all over. I have heard of two people packing up and going home just this week due to an inability to trade, bad debts etc.
    Julie

Florida Expert
    Yeah we are in the same boat as well.

Our renewal is not until April 09, but have to admit to been worried by this present climate!

Its hard to make money at the moment.

Julie, have you done your own renewal as well or have you not come to that yet?
    Neil & Kay

Gold 5 Star Member
    No, four years away from that, thank Goodness. I pity anyone trtying to renew now as the economy has bombed in the last two years, many cannot show the necessary growth for renewal, in many cases trading figures have gone down..
    Julie