Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Everyone please support E2 visa reform

Gold 5 Star Member

Everyone please support E2 visa reform

Most of you know that E2 visa is the only visa which never leads to green card. In spite of the fact that people invest large amounts of money buying businesses in America, in general they are only given a two year visa and have to renew every two to five years and at a foreign embassy with no guarantee of success, or being able to get back in to sell the business, home etc if unsuccessful. When their kids turn 21 they age out and have to leave the US even if they have been there 10 or 15 years and been through the American education system. They may soeak with an American accent and know nothing of England to no avail. The option is for the parents to find thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars to either fund them on an international students visa or buy them their own business. There are thousands of Brits in the Orlando/Kissimmee area in this position, in many cases they are the ones who manage your properties, clean your pools or your houses.

There is a congressional bill at the moment in congresssional committee which was introduced by congressman Heather Wilson of New Mexico to allow 3000 E2 holders a year to adjust status to green card after they have been in the country for 5 years. Though 3000 a year is not many compared to the number of people on E2, it is a start and a hope for those on the visa. The bill is however having a huge amount of difficulty getting the support it needs. For this reason some of us on E2 have got together a website to support E2 reform. If we can show our congressmen that website and the support it is getting, we have more chance of convincing them to supprot this bill. Basically it is about raising awareness. So many congressmen dont even know what E2 is and see it as an "obscure "visa.

There is an online petition on there in support of E2 visa reform. Please please will you consider signing it for us. You sign at

[website link edited - please DM for it]
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    We already have nearly 100 signatures in one day. Thank you all those of you who have signed for your support. If anyone else would like to support the bill, please dm me for the web address.
    Julie

Florida Expert
    Just checked it out, nearly 600 now!!
    Neil & Kay

Gold 5 Star Member
    Yes going great guns. We have support from quite a number of US citizens as well as other Brits. Some of the comments are quite very supportive and quite touching.
    Julie

Florida Expert
    Hi julie,
    how is the petition going? We have told as many people as we could think of to have a look and they have gladly signed it.
    Lets hope it does some good eh?
    sue

I must have missed this post due to hols.
    If it's not too late can someone send me the link?

Liz

Florida Expert
    Hi Liz, You have mail.
    sue

Thanks Sue, have signed.
    I think you need to keep this thread live as like me I am sure there are many who may have missed it.

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Many thanks, Liz. We have nearly 900 signatures now. 1000 is the magic number so please could anyone sign who has not already.
    Julie