Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Disney Recruitment

Disney Recruitment

How easy or difficult is getting employment with Disney?

My husband and I would love to relocate in a few years when or little one is a bit bigger.

Other half is a bus driver and I am qualified in massage therapy although I work in an Admin role currently.

Our thought would be to sell up eventually but there seems to be so many good and bad points on here.

Do Disney organise visas etc if required or is that something you have to organise yourself?

Team Thomson

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would think you stand very little chance of getting a Visa for work at Disney.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    IMO it's a non starter.
    CDV

Florida Savvy
    Go to **** this site is run by a Brit and its membership includes the British Consulate in Florida who is quite active in answering posts. You will get answers to any visa questions from Brits that have them and how long to get them. Once you have got an idea of this, then check out Disney employment. To be honest i doubt you stand a chance, US imigration like to see you running a buisiness with annual growth, employ at least 4 locals, have a nice office seperate to your home, even then there is no certainty that after a few years when you renew your visa that they will let you stay.
    A family out there ran a pub and reapplied for there visa and it was declined, they apealed but a few days after apeal was enterd Imigration walked in the pub handcuffed them and took them to MCO on a plane and back to UK, left there pub and home out there and cant go back ever. They had to send friends out there to sell everything for them.

Malcolm

Florida Junior
    News in Florida at the moment is how several USCs who had been employing illegals are about to get sentenced to federal prison terms. If your a USC and found to be employing UK national who shouldn't be working, there is no mercy from federal authorities. US immigration also have agents specifically assigned to look for illegal UK nationals. This isn't worth the risk.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Very true about US immigration having agents looking for Brits...its a department a friend of mine has been running in CA for about 4 years now..

Gold 5 Star Member
    Jobs of this sort at Disney are not eligible for a visa except for very young people who go and work in the Brit section of Epcot etc for a short period on J Visa. You could buy a business in Florida and go on E2, then the one of you who is dependant gets an employment authorisation and could work at Disney. Thats the best that I can do. Massage therapy businesses do quite well here though I have a friend who had to take the American exams before she could get her license to practice. Would suggest you look for a massage therapy practice, day spa or the like to buy. You could try a business plan to set one up ( much harder). If your husband goes as E2 dependant he could get employment authorisation and drive a bus for Disney if he wanted though please be aware that most jobs at Disney are on minimum wage.
    Julie

Florida Chatterbox
    There is no problem getting a job at Disney - or anywhere else in the US - if you want to invest $550,000 or so in a totally legit investment which gives you a green card for you and your husband or wife and children under 21.
    You all then may, if you wish, become US citizens after about 5 or 6 years.
    This is an EB5 visa using an investment in the Philadelphia scheme which, to my mind, is the best of a poor bunch.

The downside is the interest you will receive - about half a percent annually for 5 years that your money is tied up, and about $50,000 of your money you will never see again as its gone in fees etc. The half million you will get back in 5 or 6 years.
    So all in all, allowing for loss of decent interest, getting your family US citizenship via this route will end up costing you in excess of $150,000.
    Still at Disney rates of pay that won't take long to recoup! (ROFL) I think they pay over $7 an hour now. Thats about 20,000 hours work at 40 hours per week, about 10 years gross wages.

Florida Expert
    Disney hires overseas nationals on 12 month contracts. They take care of the visas, and take care of housing. A buddy of mine was working there and used to hang out with the overseas guys. It's a crazy party atmosphere. Kinda like being at college. It's aimed at kids over 21 to work at Epcot's restaurants. But they also do everything else from trash pickup to manning the rides. If anyone's interested I can try to get the information.
    If your kid is interested it could be a fun life experience. Money is [bad language filtered out], but benefits are pretty good.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens