Trust me Florida homes are very easy to get back up to scratch. 2 days for the internals and 2 days to paint the inside. Hire a a paint sprayer. One day to mask everything and 1 day to spray. You will fly through it with a sprayer and it will save you tons of time, giving you extra time for the DIY stuff if you need it.
For the sinks, everything is push fit plumbing, very quick to replace.
As I understand it you are renting in the UK? If so go and see citizens advice and bankruptcy or other options. Put all options on the table and pick the best one for you.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mrsbabypowder
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
To be honest it does not look too bad from the photos, I have seen far worse after long term rental (plenty of advice on here about NOT doing LTR). If hubby is ok with DIY sinks, door handles are cheap and very cheap to replace and the place needs a few days work and some paint. The security deposit should easily cover the damage, so all is not lost.
The pool and garden, I would be going after the MC, pool and garden people, unless you left this to the tennants which is a huge mistake, again plenty advice on here about how to and how not to LTR.
What are you going to do now, pointless putting yourself in the same position again. If you are going to LTR then do it properly with a quality mc and build the pool and ground maintenance into the rent and have an agent check the home regularly.
Even with a good agent it is extremely difficult and slow to remove a bad tenant, by which time the damage is done.
I would urge anyone not to LTR, I have seen the end result many many times and it is usually the above. Very sad and upsetting for the owners. Personally if you are in negative equity after all you have been through, I would walk away. You simply do not need anymore of this.[/quote]Hello and thank you for you reply, yes there has been worse condition houses after rental - but this is MY house, and from what i left it like to now is heartbreaking. Unfortunately our house will take more than a few days of back breaking work to clean it up. if only it was that easy to say "a few days work and a lick of paint will make it ok" When funds are as limited as what we have every penny counts. Our tenants didn't pay the full rent since February - and all together stopped in April. Until they moved out in July. Their security deposit was used for the mortgage payments.
It is your opinion not to LTR, but we wanted the security of someone living in our house.
It is so easy to say walk away - this is our last investment - we don't have anything else. We have a British Mortgage, and as they have already said to us, if the take the house, we would still be liable for whatever they couldn't recover selling it. Yes the house is like many others in negative equity. I don't foresee this continuing. and your also right that i don't need anymore of this.
[/quote]