Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kissimmee neighborhoods?

Kissimmee neighborhoods?

Hi everyone! I know this question is asked frequently, but bear with me! We are looking into potentially moving down to FL from the DC suburbs and are curious about what the "best" neighborhoods are. We are looking for a house with at least 3 beds/2 baths, a decent yard, and a pool, in a fairly quiet area. I found one house that looks great online, but I'd love some input from people who know the area. Its in the "Lindfields" subdivision. Is this a nice area? Any other great areas you would recommend in Central Florida? Our price cap would probably be about $375,000ish. Thanks for any input you can give me!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lindfields is a subdivision with quite a few short term rental homes and some owned by permanent residents. The surrounding areas have a lot of short term rental homes also. As you seem to be a US permanent resident, you may wish to look at areas which are all or almost all permanent residents. Very important if you have kids. I live in Celebration which would be ideal but your price range will only buy you a town home there. I would suggest Hunters Creek if you wish to stay near the Kissimmee area. If you are prepared to look further up towards Orlando there are areas such as Dr Phillips, Metro West, the new township of Independance etc.
    Julie

Florida Expert
    We drove by Hunters Creek and I was very surprised at how old the homes were looking and needing repairs. The schools though are very good but I would pick Celebration anyday over Hunters Creek and if you search real good you can find a brand new home for the price you want to spend or a 1 or 2 year old home. I believe the homes in Hunters Creek are getting into the 10 year and older spot.
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Florida Junior
    Lindfields would probably not be the best choice for a US resident locating to the Kissimmee area. As mentioned, there are a lot of vacation homes in the community and would probably be difficult for the kids to make friends. You may want to look more in the Dr. Phillips area which is still close to the attractions but are stable, local American neighborhoods.

If you do prefer the Kissimmee area, there should be some outstanding buys coming on the market. There are quite a few houses listed for sale and, although UK media say that Florida is not such a good place to buy, in fact the opposite is coming true as investors are trying to sell properties or other buyers unwisely took out adjustable rate mortgages with monthly payments they could never really manage.

Florida Expert
    If you want to get away from the tourist attractions, try communities down Pleasant Hill Rd. but before Poincianna. Nice communities and some on Lake Toho.
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bellaepovera
    If you want to get away from the tourist attractions, try communities down Pleasant Hill Rd. but before Poincianna. Nice communities and some on Lake Toho.[/quote]But not for $375k I think?
    blott

Florida Expert
    rnin02

Do you have kids? If so, don't move to Kissimmee or anywhere in Orange County. The best schools in the Orlando area are in Seminole County. We live here and have a 40 minute drive to the parks.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

There is a estate called MISSION PARK on HWY 27 it is gated and a lot of private residents and a few rental home not sure abour schools if you have children maybe school buses around .They were built by ENGINEER HOMES 2 years ago .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Savvy
    But the middle schools are rotten for the highway 27 area.

Florida Expert
    Avalon Park is a neighborhood on the east side of Orange County. They have great schools. Timbercreek High is the best school in the county.
    Nice new houses. Juat 10 minutes off Toll Route 417 torwards Coco.
    I just happen to have a 3/2 listed there!
    Jeff & Amy Stephens