Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindfields

Florida Savvy

Lindfields

What sort of communal facilities are there in the Lindfields community? Is the owners association good at maintaining high standards?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Scamhammer

Are you asking as a renter or potential owner ?

Lesley
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-784.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by scamhammer
    What sort of communal facilities are there in the Lindfields community? Is the owners association good at maintaining high standards?

[/quote]

I have stayed here many times - no communal facilities. One thing I did not like was the bins were out 24/7! Then the racoon would get at them and leave mess everywhere!

Florida Savvy
    Lindfields was comfortable but you can't even begin to compare it to somewhere like Emerald Island, Windsor Palms etc. It's basically just a place to lay your head. No entertainment there.

I don't own on Lindfields so feel free to add my unbaised view.

The area has always seemed well kept when I have been there and I certainly don't recall the trash cans being out all the time. Most areas have rules against this anyway.

The area has what 90% of renters want; well maintained private villas and pools while communal facilities are nice most people there for a 2 week holiday are to busy to use them.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Silver Dollar
    Lindfields was comfortable but you can't even begin to compare it to somewhere like Emerald Island, Windsor Palms etc. It's basically just a place to lay your head. No entertainment there.
    [/quote]I don't think anyone was comparing it Silver Dollar just asking a question about it and I don't own there either.

As Dave has said, not everyone is looking for communal facilities, some actually want some peace and quiet and relaxation during their Florida visits!

I've stayed at Lindfields and it's a very nice area with some lovely homes with private pools. I've also been there recently (in May 2004) and it still seemed to me to be a very nice community which is well laid out with a good mixture of residential and rental homes.
    blott

We own on Lindfields and chose to buy there after much searching through numerous communities, because of the peace and tranquility it offers.

We find it to be a great mix of both rental and residential, so it has a really nice community feeling about it. It's great to have permanent neighbours who become friends, and are always willing to keep an eye on your property when you are not there.

Not all holiday makers want or need 24/7 activities, and as we are so close to all the magic and excitement of Disney, we find the majority of our guests are actually looking for somewhere to stay that is conveniently close, yet at the same time, away from all the hussle and bustle.

We have never had any problems renting, and our guest feedback has always been excellent.

As we always say, there is something out there to suit every taste.

Lindfields is the perfect example of that freedom of choice.

Chris & Peter

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DaveL
    I don't own on Lindfields so feel free to add my unbaised view.

The area has always seemed well kept when I have been there and I certainly don't recall the trash cans being out all the time. Most areas have rules against this anyway.

The area has what 90% of renters want; well maintained private villas and pools while communal facilities are nice most people there for a 2 week holiday are to busy to use them.

Regards Dave
    [/quote]

I have stayed on Picadilly Circle for the last 5 years and believe me the bins were out 24/7!! I was told it because there's no HOA?? Apart from that it was a nice area.

Florida Savvy
    I know no one mentioned Emerald Island or Windsor Palms except me but for the average family I believe who is holidaying in Orlando with kids, like me for example, you would want decent on site amenities for the days when you don't feel like going out or for the days when you come back early and want the kids to be able to be self-entertained without you having to watch them all the time as well. Lindfields does have some nice houses, I've stayed on there but even so they are still pretty basic compared to the newer developments. I'm not dogging it for one second, I enjoyed my time there, but even as an adult I do appreciate resorts with amenities for me too...like on site coffee shops/small tuck shops, pool tables, pools, gyms etc. Vacations are usually the only time you have to enjoy those sort of things at your leisure anyway. Just a thought.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Lindfields Siver Dollar.

I think that is the beauty of the Orlando/Kissimmee area that there is a community for everyone.

One of the reasons we chose Lindfields apart from it's proximity to Disney is the fact that it didn't have a HOA-whereas they do have their good points- it's also a golden opportunity for some individuals to behave every pettily-we get enough of that jobsworth attitude in the UK-to have to deal with it in Florida as well.

As regards communal facilities on most vacations I find that we have every little time to use our own pool and games room never mind going to a communal one-but then obviously for some guests it is a big attraction.
    Orlandobabe