Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lindfields location for car rental

Florida Newbie

Lindfields location for car rental

I'm staying in Lindfields in May, I have never stayed in a home, so i'm very excited. I'm not sure if I should post this here, but I was not given the address of where we're staying,until I have paid in full. I need to book a car, and I'm looking for a great deal so i'm starting early. Can someone help me in the location. When I bring up lacatios for example National inOrlando, there is Walt Dsiney are care center, the Dolphine resort ect... Can someone please help on where the closest area might be to rent a car. I will be dropping off at the airport on departure.

Thanks.

have you done an enquiry on this site (at the top) for car hire?
    the rates in my opinion are the cheapest around! ask they may be able to accomadate your needs!
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Kim
    If you are dropping off at the airport, is that not the best place to pick up as well? To get from the airport to Lindfields is around 30-40 mins so a taxi on arrival will be quite expensive.
    Failing that I know there is a Dollar location on the 192 further along from Lindfields, again you'll need a taxi to get there to pick up the car. I'm sure most of the major car rentals have pick ups along the 192 or at the airport.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kims
    I'm staying in Lindfields in May, I have never stayed in a home, so i'm very excited. I'm not sure if I should post this here, but I was not given the address of where we're staying,until I have paid in full. I need to book a car, and I'm looking for a great deal so i'm starting early. Can someone help me in the location. When I bring up lacatios for example National inOrlando, there is Walt Dsiney are care center, the Dolphine resort ect... Can someone please help on where the closest area might be to rent a car. I will be dropping off at the airport on departure.

Thanks.
    [/quote]

Lindfields is ideally placed on US192, close to Interstate 4 and WDW so that you can be on your way easily. But if you book your car through this site (which is highly advisible), you'll get a Dollar or Alamo car that you pick up and drop off at the airport. The Car Rental offices are located just one floor below the main concourse and are easy to get to.

The actual address of the villa will be sent to you closer to the time, when you have paid in full. That is the usual procedure.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    The nearest location would be Dollar at the Rodeway Inn just across 192 from the Celebration water tower ( ie near Watermania) You can book a car through OV from there, it is one of the options, I have done so myself.
    Julie

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I'm afraid we cannot rent to anyone who has a US or Canadian driving licence and has an address in the US or Canada. Don't ask me why - it's imposed on us by both Dollar and Alamo.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    have you done an enquiry on this site (at the top) for car hire?
    the rates in my opinion are the cheapest around! ask they may be able to accomadate your needs!
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    I'm afraid we cannot rent to anyone who has a US or Canadian driving licence and has an address in the US or Canada. Don't ask me why - it's imposed on us by both Dollar and Alamo.
    [[/quote]

Interesting, John. Now you recall some confusion about 18 months ago with Charter Travel cos they 'sold' Car Rental to passengers referred for flights only to them by OV? I am sure that is settled amicably now, but out of interest, can Charter offer Car Rental to forum members who have a US Driving Licence (and therefore ineligible to use the OV facility)? If so, you can still kepp those people 'in house' for other bookings.
    Nostromo

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I would not have thought so - I don't know anywhere in the UK that can do this as the rules are imposed by the car hire companies so apply to all UK suppliers of car hire.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    [[/quote]

Interesting, John. Now you recall some confusion about 18 months ago with Charter Travel cos they 'sold' Car Rental to passengers referred for flights only to them by OV? I am sure that is settled amicably now, but out of interest, can Charter offer Car Rental to forum members who have a US Driving Licence (and therefore ineligible to use the OV facility)? If so, you can still kepp those people 'in house' for other bookings.
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    John, my daughter is needing a car for part of her stay out here with me in March and she was going to book it from here as she doesnt have internet access in the UK. If she booked with her UK license, credit card and billing address, could the voucher be sent to a US address (mine??)
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    Thank you for the info. I should have explained, I am visiting for 9 nights but only need a car for the later part. My parents are staying with me and drive from Vermont, so they will be able to ride me and my children around the first few days, seeing we are primarily in Disney for the first 4 days. I have tried to rent a car from here, and was not able to, due to my us drivers license. Please correct me if I'm wrong.